• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IND 2024, Extension panel not showing up in the window tab.

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I installed Indesign 2024, on a Mac M1 pro. I've downloaded a couple of plugins and the plugins aren't appearing in the extension window, there isn't a tab too. This works on my Mac Studio with the M1 Studio Max chip. How do i fix this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-indesign-third-party-plug.html

Mine show up in Window>Extensions

I'm using InDesign 2022 though so it might be different in 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine show up in Window>Extensions

I'm using InDesign 2022 though so it might be different in 2024

By @Eugene Tyson

Interestingly, as I was about to suggest the same in my reply to the last post of @johnnyn91824150, I discovered that I don't have the Extensions menu in both InDesign 2023 and 2024. Maybe I'm imagining things but I'm pretty sure it was there at some point. I guess it was removed in recent updates? Or does Plugins Panel replaces them? I tried to install an "extension" I have in my account but it didn't show up there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the third party plugins are installed in the proper folder? Check in your InDesign application folder that they are residing in the folder highlighted in the below screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 7.14.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the plug-ins are appearing in the folder, even when installed by the CC Plug-in download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three possible types of plugins at this point for InDesign. The CEP type plugin would show up in the extensions panel. The UXP type plugin would show up in the plugin drop down menu next to the window drop down. There are also SDK plugins that are built with C++ that could show up anywhere. Did the creators tell you where to find the plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creators told me in the support to find it in my Library/Applications Support/Adobe/CEP/Extensions if that helps. It's showing that up in my files but not in indesign, i don't have an extensions tab too. sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines