Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 15.0 - loading existing files (InDesign 14.0.3) into a book

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

every day we are working with InDesign books and we have more than 25000 existing InDesign files (Version 14.0.3).

With every version change we have a lot extra work. Because before we can load existing files (previous version) into a book (new version) we have to open and save all the existing files with the new version.

I have done this nonsense multiple in the past and now i have to do it again.

We are working with InDesign since CS2. Every version change generates so many extra work.

ADOBE, please can you offer a easy and fast way to transfer existing files (.indd) from a previous version to the new version. Open and save ist not a solution. Perhaps a extra tool, a script ore a comparable alternative.

Marcel

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I'd request you to take a look at the community post:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/Multiple-files-to-be-saved-manually-in-a-book/m-p/10714354#M...

I am sure you will find it helpful.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashutosh,

thanks for your answer. I already know the batch converter from Peter Karehl. It works fine but this coult not be a real solution.

I hope that adobe will offer a easy and fast solution for this problem.

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines