• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 19.4 and Sonoma

Explorer ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does InDesign 19.4 correct the problems with Sonoma that Adobe has identified? Adobe lists the following for 19.3:

"InDesign 19.3

Issue 1: Some PDFs exported from InDesign 18.4 onwards are corrupted, and a few workflows show syntax errors when pre-flighted with the external software.

Workaround: No workaround is available.

Issue 2: Exported PDF crashes the PAC checker due to font issues.

Workaround: No workaround is available."

Adobe does not list the current version, 19.4.

I'm not upgrading until InDesign works with Sonoma.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 19.4 has been working just fine for me in Sonoma. Make sure Sonoma is updated to 14.4.1.

Here's the list of fixed issues in 19.4:

Fixed issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Steve! You or your printer have experienced no problems with exported PDFs?

The list of fixed issues doesn't exactly match the INDD 19.3 with Sonoma issues that Adobe listed, so I'm still a little nervous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had the opportunity to send PDFs to a printer in recent months. But I also haven't heard o such a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. It's "Issue 1" that Adobe acknowledges for version 19.3 that has me worried. "Some PDFs exported from InDesign 18.4 onwards are corrupted, and a few workflows show syntax errors when pre-flighted with the external software." I supply PDFs for print all the time, so I need to be sure they will not be corrupted when the printer opens it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Some PDFs exported from InDesign 18.4 onwards are corrupted, and a few workflows show syntax errors when pre-flighted with the external software." I supply PDFs for print all the time, so I need to be sure they will not be corrupted when the printer opens it.

By @Saija16B8

This PDF export issues introduced in 18.4 didn't affect all users. Most (or all) of these issues are fixed by now. What version of InDesign are you currently using?

In any case, just install InDesign 19.4 with the option to keep the existing version (not overwriting it). You won't know if you're having any issues until you try anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign 19.4. Been watching Adobe's list of issues with Sonoma, waiting for the PDF problems to be fixed before I upgrade to Sonoma. I'm afraid if I upgrade to Sonoma and can't export PDFs for print anymore, I will have no way of getting back to an earlier OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign 19.4. Been watching Adobe's list of issues with Sonoma, waiting for the PDF problems to be fixed before I upgrade to Sonoma. I'm afraid if I upgrade to Sonoma and can't export PDFs for print anymore, I will have no way of getting back to an earlier OS.

By @Saija16B8

I don't think that there are PDF export issues associated specifically with Sonoma (at least it sure is not widespread). Even if Adobe makes it sound like this in the excerpt you quoted. Users did have problems with Sonoma for months until 14.3 was released but the problems were mostly related to screen redraw issues.

Regardless, I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade to Sonoma anyway. You don't seem to have any problems now and you won't gain any benefits by upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. I'm still on Monterey--missed upgrading to Ventura before Sonoma became the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. I'm still on Monterey--missed upgrading to Ventura before Sonoma became the only option.

By @Saija16B8

I see. I don't see any practical reason to upgrade from Monterey either (unless you have software/hardware that doesn't support it anymore).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will stay put for now, since Adobe is not yet vouching for their apps to be working seamlessly with Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines