• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2018 crashes every few minutes

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated InDesign because I need endnotes feature for a job. I regret it so much. It crashes on almost every basic function. Spellcheck. Crash. Make a PDF. Crash. Move an object with text wrap. Nup, too much for this version.

Surely the release can't be this bad for everyone. Anyone know some potential solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling from the CC desktop app and install again.

But this is important: What operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! Trashing the app preferences didn't work. But I'm now uninstalling and reinstalling… We'll see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately reinstalling hasn't worked either. Current problem, InDesign crashes when updating Table of Contents. Jump to page, crash. Basically everything makes it lock up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide the following information to help me investigate the issue

• OS
  • System configuration
  • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
  • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If Yes, Can you please provide the document at santalwa@adobe.com
  • Is the file located on network location? If Yes, Is the issue reproducible if you open the document locally?
  • Does Trashing preference and cache help to resolve the issue?
  • Please provide the log files from your machine? You can get them using log collector tool - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I built all chapters on one file as Alternate Layouts but for other reasons I decided to create an individual file for each chapter and compile them on a Book, as soon as I did that every single individual file is crashing on basic functions, I have noticed the Footnotes have lost their format and when I need to fix them the file crashes automatically. I have trashed preferences, installed and uninstalled version. I am using CC 13.1 on a Mac Book Air on High Sierra 10.13.4

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the files as IDML to deal with corruption:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and I also tried opening it up on CC2017 which allows me to work on footnotes without crashing, but unfortunately when I export it causes some weird missing files for text (which is not showing on the current file) and when I open it up again on CC2017 I am missing text. Its super annoying and causing my client a lot of frustration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

same here, InDesign crashes every time, I have noticed mainly when updating a story that contains endnotes. Went to the original story in InCopy and it crashes when I try to copy or delete the endnotes.

I reinstalled the app, saved as IDML but the file keeps crashing.

I contacted Adobe tech-support but they were useless, they keep blaming fonts and link names.

Very disappointing, I need to respond to my client and keep making excuses on this failure of feature. Not even sure what is the issue to be able to fix it or avoid making same mistakes.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines