• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 Files saving/opening in Internet Explorer on Windows OS

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated InDesign to the 2020 version I have been unable to open any InDesign documents. When I save a project it saves as an incredibly small file with an internet explorer icon when I try to open the file a downloads window pops up asking if I want to save or open the file (both options do nothing) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign with no luck. What's even weirder is that I can open the files on a mac just like normal. Could anyone tell me what's going on??

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

As far as I can understand your concern, it is a file association issue.

I changed the default program to open .INDD files to Internet Explorer and tried to open that file directly. I got the same result. I have also attached a GIF below for that:
FileAssociation2.gif

You need to change the file association back from Internet Explorer to InDesign. You may follow the steps provided in GIF or take a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/file-associations-broken-uninstall-applications.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines