Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 to EPUB and mobi files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I have some problems when I try to export my InDesign 2021 file to different formats (EPUB and mobi). Is there a recommended way to do it? 

Do I have to change the layout of my file (420x595 pixels)?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance, 

Eleni  

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to produce Reflowable or FXL ePubs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Derek, 

I wish to produce the recommended version so that I do not have to change the existing format of the InDesign. I believe the best way would be FXL in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

the problems are that whatever type of file I choose at the export, when I open the files they look messed up.

I used Adobe Digital Editions to convert the file too, but again the file does not have the same features as it has as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing intuitive about EPUB creation. You're going to need to provide much more detail on what you want to do and how you want things to function. Otherwise there is no way to provide you assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please find below the file I exported as epub. 

The PDF version is interactive (the user can write and click on the links) while the links open to new pages. 

For the file named ''capture 1'': I also experience different pop-ups every time I export it. At this screenshot there was a problem at page a page with a circle. On another time, another similar issue occurs. 

For the file named ''Capture 2 kindle desktop version#'' this is the way the PDF appears, which has nothing to do with my original PDF

Capture 2 kindle desktop version#.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

https://n4e.sharepoint.com/:u:/s/net4energyGmbH/EXr_jxXgIstHvUEzhov5bpoBcPw5XzXjgMCMM0ridCUZZQ?e=lH4... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines