• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 5.5 on High Sierra

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this alert message every time I quit InDesign 5.5, and also with Photoshop and Illustrator on iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) running macOS High Sierra. Also when I package a job, it won't allow me to package the fonts. I have reinstalled the Adobe software. Everything was fine running a previous Mac OS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. Email me direct at [ email address removed ]

InDesign Alert.pngFont.png

[ email address removed by moderator for security reasons ]

[ moved from Forum comments to InDesign by moderator ]

[title renamed for clarity — was “My InDesign 5.5”]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing InDesign’s Preferences and Caches folders? A reinstall wouldn’t necessarily rebuild the prefs.

InDesign 5.5 is not supported in High Sierra. If you can’t drop back to an earlier OS try installing the legacy version of Java and see if that helps

Download Java for OS X 2017-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give the Java 6 install a try before giving up. CS6 is also not supported under High Sierra, but I have it running without any problems along with Java 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 5.5 is not supported by Adobe running under High Sierra. You should consider upgrading to InDesign CC2018/2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To run CS 5.5 successfully you will need to have OS X Yosemite (10.10) or earlier installed. If you are unable to roll back your OS on your current Mac then you might consider buying a used Mac from eBay with an earlier OS and running InDesign on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines