Exit

InDesign and InCopy 15.1.2 are now live

Mentor ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2020 (version 15.1.2)

Stability

• [Windows] InDesign performs slowly while working simultaneously on two INDD documents having same fo....
  • InDesign document hangs while recovering the damaged document. 
  • [mac OS] InDesign crashes when you try to quit the application after auto-activation of a Font in some cases. 
  • InDesign crashes randomly while rendering a document. 
  • Intermittent crashes on loading the workspace.
  • InDesign crashes on launch in proxy environment.
  • InDesign crashes while working with EPS images. 
  • [Windows] Intermittent crash on PDF Export.
  • InDesign crashes intermittently on switching context to/from text insertion.
  • InDesign crashes intermittently while importing an image.
  • InDesign crashes when you immediately quit the app after launching.
  • While exporting InDesign document to HTML, Indesign can crash if you specify the export option as Copy image > link to server path and if the document has single character image file names.
  • InDesign randomly crashes while quitting the application.

Usability

Core feature and workflow

• [mac OS] Resizing the text by holding the keyboard shortcut while making long ascenders and descenders using Variable Fonts creates images of previous position.
  • [mac OS] Variable Fonts do not work in InDesign and the sliders appear as disabled.
  • HTTP links fail due to incorrect encoding of path elements by URI class.
  • [macOS]Unable to check out InCopy files that are saved on a network location in Windows.
  • Pasting a URL that contains diacritics results in a non-reachable URL.
    Note: Refresh the hyperlink if found in legacy documents.

Improvement to new features

Production

Scripting

• The Script Editor does not launch when you choose Edit Script option for Apple Script.

Copy Editor (Beta)

Copy Editor (Beta)

Copy Editor (Beta) is an easy alternative to type text faster when you experience a lag while typing. All you need to do is to launch Copy Editor (Beta) as you type in the text box and continue to type in the new window, to avoid any lag. 

For more information, see Use the Copy Editor (Beta)

Review panel enhancement

You can experience improved review panel workflows from within InDesign and resolve comments effectively. 

For more information, see Manage feedback for shared documents.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won´t ever and never understand why we need a clone of Story Editor (CTRL+Y). 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and no sign of the Copy Editor (Beta). It's not shown in the menu. I also tried the shortcut but nothing. 

I'm using the Swedish version but the Swedish "whats-new" page shows info about it.

Can I activate beta features somewhere?

I also have the same question as the previous post. Why do we need two text editors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Copy Editor (Beta) isn't available in all languages. During prerelease, the product manager wrote: "You will not be able to see the Copy Editor unless you are working on the Roman feature set and English UI based InDesign."

I think the Copy Editor (Beta) is basically a workaround if you're encountering slow typing speed in InDesign. I don't see it as a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, version 15.1.2 is being rolled out around the world over a week. It's not yet available in all localities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know how relevant that is? The update is avalaible here in Sweden and Adobe tells me in Swedish that this feature is new right here: https://helpx.adobe.com/se/indesign/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I saw the feature in the English language version of 15.1.2 in the Beta Program. But it hasn't shown up yet on the West Coast of the US for release. And of course I don't have a Swedish language version.

All I know is what the product manager wrote in the forum for Prerelease. If you don't see it, it's probably just not there. Sometimes fine details get lost in a busy development team when features are passed to those are writing documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember ever seeing a release note from Adobe showing a new feature that isn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few months ago we never have it updates that we can't download by days. Here and now we can wait receiving update by days and don't see new features that anounced in the release. Strange times. Winter is coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Currently copy editor is rolled out to only some % of the users that satisfy the criteria of "non-enterprise InDesign application with English language of Roman feature set"

Based on the user feedback we will see how to proceed with this experimental feature.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add beta features this way please add this info as a parentesis in the What's New page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just updated to 15.1.2 and all my documents with hyperlinks in tables now have a massive vertical blue line down the middle of the document which I can't remove unless I delete the whole column with the hyperlinks in, this has seriously impacted my work as all my documents up to today, including my master template files now have this error!!

blue-line-error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on further investigation - this is caused by the default Hyperlink style setting when you add a hyperlink and use hyperlink style - this line appears!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and using the font comfortaa.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Planet_Twig,

Thanks for pointing out the issue!!

We have tried this out at our end, and can confirm that this is a break in ID15.1.2 builds and is happening when using a particular Variable Font and deafult Hyperlinks character style together.

We will be investigating it further and work towards fixing it.

Thanks and Regards,
Prateek

Adobe InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonderful, thanks for the quick response and the feedback.  300 of my historical documents now have this issue so look forward to a bug fix

appreciated

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines