Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Bi-lingual Support

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe,

I frequently work for clients that need both Hebrew and English in their copy. I installed the InDesign with Hebrew Support, but it only allows me to use the spell check features with the Hebrew dictionary. Is there anyway around this? Any way to switch between languages for the spell check?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used the Hebrew version, but in other versions the Spell Check is not based on the program language setting; it's based on the language chosen in the Character pallet. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 1.33.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or in the Paragraph Style setting 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Language is Character Property which should be set up in Paragraph Style, exceptions in Character Style. Language has influence in the direction of text in RTL/LTR. This has influence on the text frames (where is the in- and out proxy), the order of columns LTR/RTL; tables, numbers , etc

If you want to combine a RTL document (Hebrew) with and LTR (English) I suggest to make 2 different documents and add them into a book file and put theat to print. Otherwise you might end up in a chaotic situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines