• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2014 Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just installed and updated to InDesign CC 2014 on my Mac (OS X) and a lot of keyboard shortcuts are now missing. To move your view on the page, one would usually hold the space bar down and drag the hand tool. This no longer works. Also, usually to copy/drag an object, one would hold the option key and drag. This no longer works. Also usually to keep an object inline, one would hold the shift key and drag the object. This no longer works. I need assistance on getting this working again ASAP. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to let you all know that LastPass is aware of the problem, and was able to recreate this exact same problem on their end with the help of their Graphic Designer. They didn't give me much info on when/if it'll be fixed, but this is a good start since Adobe doesn't seem to be paying this problem much attention (despite LastPass having over 7,000,000 users...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i hope they do it quickly as I am just about to decide whether to ditch lastpass in favour of 1password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that video! I had a trouble ticket in with LastPass and I tried everything to solve the problem. I disabled all extensions, reinstalled Chrome, turned off various checkboxes in the LP settings and it would still happen intermittently. I'll share your video with them via my ticket but it looks like from the comments below they're aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just click back in the LastPass username field after entering my password and then click Login. That release the secure password field from hiding keystrokes from other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yes,this works for me too! It even gets back the shortcuts after I have lost them without needing to quit any apps!

Thanks for the heads up there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

indesign CC is shit soft ware.... please some one come with a new software like QuarkXpress or Pagemaker, we designers suffering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌would be keen to know if my findings were of any help to you as the subject poster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps you to decide, I can say that 1Password is a great product and has no conflicts with InDesign CC 2015 on my two Macs. As a product for creating and saving passwords, I love 1Password on my Macs as well as my iPhone and iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to note: I can click on the LastPass in Chrome to log in. Never touching my mouse past that first click....and it'll still brick InDesign so it doesn't work (so you DON'T necessarily have to be moving the mouse to get LastPass to mess-up InDesign)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines