Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2015 - Layers indicator missing

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I've just opened up an Indesign file in the latest version of Adobe InDesign and for some reason, on my layers panel have lost the little square layer indicator on the right (see below)

This is really frustrating me, I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere, but I cant find it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Adam

layers-indicator-box.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It‘s halfway 2018 and I‘m still ‘resetting my prefs’ and this [expletive removed by moderator] still isn‘t fixed.

I‘m getting so sick of paying € 60 a month for this [expletive removed by moderator].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening InDesign in a new user space on your computer. As I said above, it could be caused by conflicting software or possible problems in your current user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve Werner I was just at a clollegues mac to do that…What about Adobe giving InDesign a Tool for its Preferences-hassle? Im throwing out some ideas here:
I could imagine a basic script RebuildPreferences.jsx in the Samples-folder, that does exactly that (kill InD, restart with reguild parameter or delete prefs and restart).
A more suffisticated version in the program-menu would be better, which also in a submenuitem could save backup states. Top that with an creative cloud connection, to import these settings when changing workstations, or just to have a backup in a could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might make feature requests here so the product managers can see them:

Feature Requests/Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines