• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2017 keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Sierra 10.12.1 on MacBook Pro and latest 27" iMac (few months old) and continuously crashes.

Anybody else experience this?

Driving me nuts!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please create a new user and try to install InDesign?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign cc 2017 keeps crashing on just one file.  I'm running OS Sierra 10.12.3.

I have tried many of the suggestions in this post with no success.

Can someone please assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a corruption in your file. It may be an element or something in the way IND wrote the file in the first place.

Create a new doc to the same specs and if it's a one page doc copy the elements one by one onto the new doc, saving along the way. If one of the elements is corrupt IND will crash when you copy over the offending element. If it all copies over fine it was in the writing of the IND somewhere. If you have a multipage doc I'd use the "move pages" tool from the pages palette to move over small chunks, chapters or sections at a time same as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that...no luck. Created new doc, new styles, new library, typed text by hand instead of pasting. Same crashing.

I figured out the exact crashes are happening on highlighting text that is not letter-based (copyright symbol, em dash, etc). Highlight then copy "symbol" or "glyph" crashes it every time (although sometimes I get to command-v to paste before it crashes). Good news is I can now use all of it except highlight-copy symbols and no crashing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try the following workaround and see if it resolves the issue?

Navigate to Preference->Advance Type -> Type Contextual Controls and disable the first preference “show for Character Alternates, Fractions, Ordinals and Ligatures” or both the preferences.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues with InDesign crashing wen I go to reopen a document. I actually had to redo two documents already to finish the projects. My bosses are not going to like me doubling my work. I have tried unchecking those boxes in advance text but it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share document on santalwa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent it through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now InDesign won't reinstall!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the uninstaller to remove the InDesign version? What happens when you try to reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the following workaround, this might solve the issue:

1. Use Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall InDesign and other adobe products along with CreativeCloud(if required)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

2. Install creative cloud application and all the desired products.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have been struggling the last week and I have tried everything I have come across in the forum in general - Photoshop and Illustrator work perfectly fine (I use Win 10) but as soon as a want to open and doubleklick InDesign it either does not even respond or it kind of opens and the screen is this dark grey colour the turn light grey and automatically closes again within seconds or once every 30 tries and after numerous ways to get it started it might start up and I am able to open a document and then it crashes  ---- I need this programme I have a hand in on monday and we need to print in two days we are basically failing our assignment if this stuff wont stop with all this annoying crashing down.

ANYONE help ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest version of InDesign, which is CC2017.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, are you saying that CC2017.1.1 fixes this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think I made a mistake - that's Photoshop !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I experience two different crashes. i am using Windows 7 32 bits and InDesign CC 2017 (12.0.0.81)

CRASH 1. InDesign crashes when I have no internet connection at the time I open the document, or if disconnected when the document is already open.

CRASH 2. I am using the InCopy function (not having InCopy installed on the computer) in order to synchronized parts of different documents. I can check In to edit something and I can check out, but only a couple of times, and the next times it will always crash. Even if I delete the InCopy part, it will crash when I try to place it again. I have to save the file as IDML and then I can edit it again a couple of times before it crashes.

Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Are you still facing the issue. Can you please share the crash dump with us as santalwa@adobe.com.

You can create the crash dump for windows using the following method:

1) Start Task Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:

• Right-click an empty area of the task bar, and then click Start Task Manager.

• Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

2) Click the Processes tab.

3) Right-click the name of the process(InDesign, in this case) that you want, and then click Create Dump File.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

A dump file for the process is created in the following folder:

Drive: \Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp

4) When you receive a message that states that the dump file was successfully created, click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sanyamt,

Thanks for the message. Yes, I still have the same problem. I sent an email with the DUMP file. It was quite big, so it needs to be downloaded.

I think both crashes I am experiencing come from the same issue.

As I said earlier, I am using the InCopy function. And I can only edit the content of the placed InCopy file a couple of times before it crushes. Then I have to save the file as IDML in order to have another couple of chances before it crushes.

I tried a new thing about the crash at the time I have no internet connection. I saved the file as IDML, I opened the IDML file only and I disconnected the computer from internet... and, ID did not crash. I am not sure what does it mean.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sanyamt,

Were you able to download the DUMP file? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am still looking into the issue.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines