Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2018 freezes MacOs 10.13.4

Participant ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With my MacBook Pro 13" end of 2016, I encounter freezes of the entire system (10.13.4) whenever GPU performances are activated.

Sometimes it hangs for one minute then go back to normal.

Of course, one could answer to that : "so why don't you just switch off GPU performances ?"

Because InDesign performances are effectively better with GPU performances switched on, especially zooming and panning…

I don't know why I should consider it is normal to let it switched off.

This bug appeared with High Sierra…

I saw no one having the same problem so I did a clean install of High Sierra without any Time machine migration…

But problem remains…

Is this bug Apple's fault ? Or Adobe's ?

Does someone have the same bug ?

Nom du modèle :MacBook Pro
  Identifiant du modèle :MacBookPro13,2
  Nom du processeur :Intel Core i5
  Vitesse du processeur :3,1 GHz
  Nombre de processeurs :1
  Nombre total de cœurs :2
  Cache de niveau 2 (par cœur) :256 Ko
  Cache de niveau 3 :4 Mo
  Mémoire :16 Go
  Version de la ROM de démarrage :MBP132.0242.B00
  Version SMC (système) :2.37f20

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU Performance has been buggy for a large number of users. It seems to need the perfect combination of CPU (for InDesign it is Mac only), video card, processor and phase of the moon to run smoothly. The best advice that can be given other than the usual trouble-shooting of preferences and reinstall is just not to use GPU Performance. Hopefully at some point it will become more fully developed so that it is more universally compatible with all computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer.

The point is, it used to work with CC 2017/2018 and MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) with the same computer I own now.

So this is just a step back, a downgrade with the same hardware. And this is really frustrating.

I'm using InDesign like 6 hours a day… This is the most buggy software I ever used.

Today it crashed already 5 times…

And I even made a script to initialize preferences, considering that the crashes of InDesign became part of my working routine…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's the Operating System that breaks the software, and then both Apple and Adobe have to work on it to make the proper fixes. In the meantime, I suggest following Bill's advice until either company does an upgrade, then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. This won't be helpful or resolve your problem at all but I just posted my problem on this other discussion. I am really frustrated. I use these programs all day. I have never had so many bugs and issues. See below.

InDesign Crashing and Freezing My Entire Mac

"I have been having this problem with macOS 10.13.6. I have been very unhappy with many of these Adobe CC Apps. I would rather use CS6 but just bought this new MacBook Pro and can't download it from my account anymore for some reason. I never had these kinds of issues with CS6. I have also had all kinds of font issues that I have never had before. I have been using Adobe products since 2000. I just tried turning off the GPU performance under preferences. Fingers crossed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, after installing Mojave (10.14.2) the problem is gone.

So it was related to MacOs…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines