• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2018 - Packaging Files - Not Working - Is this a Mojave issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Mojave yesterday (09/26/18) and today, I am unable to package my InDesign Books and/or Files.

I am using InDesign CC 2018, and macOS Mojave 10.14

This could be a coincidence. If not, please advise.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you confirm if you are getting an error message, a freeze, a big nothing...

If it is an error message or something similar, can you add a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Eric.

Here is a screenshot of what I get when it crashes...

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 7.30.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is never a good idea to update an operating system when it first comes out. More and more the updates that Apple and Microsoft are putting out are really not concerned whether any software being run will continue to work correctly. As a result there is no assurance that non-Apple programs will function as before. In other words, there are no coincidences.

Adobe has issued a FAQ about product compatibility during the early days of the Mojave era. You can read that FAQ at Adobe Creative Cloud apps and macOS 10.14 Mojave compatibility issues . Bear in mind that any testing that has been done with the programs could not possibly encompass every possible scenario and there are bound to be issues both large and small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for mentioning this issue. We have also head this complaint on other forums wherein users are unable to package after upgrading to Mojave.

Can you please share with me the exact steps you are doing? You can specify where the file is stored. Where the assets/links are. What type of server it is.

You can also share with me a video and sample document with which i can reproduce the issue at amaarora@adobe.com

Waiting for your reply.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a test with Mojave and InDesign CC 2018.1. I had no problem packaging a file with linked images so it might be good if the original poster could provide an example file for others to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve. Great suggestion.

The file is a 78 page, InDesign Book. The book contains 32 separate InDesign files.

Now that each separate InDesign file is finished, i compiled them into a single InDesign book file.

I want to Package Book for Print and it crashes my InDesign every time.

My coworker, who has not updated to Mojave was able to package it.

Thanks everyone for trying to help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt this is a preferences issue but trashing them would be the first step here. If that doesn't do it, uninstall/reinstall.

But, I'll tell you what I tell everyone else. I don't understand the rush to upgrade an operating system without testing it first. And, I'm going to get pushback from some here, doing an in-place upgrade instead of a clean install is not something I would ever advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for mentioning this issue. We have also head this complaint on other forums wherein users are unable to package after upgrading to Mojave.

Can you please share with me the exact steps you are doing?

Yes...The file is a 78 page, InDesign Book. The book contains 32 separate InDesign files.

Now that each separate InDesign file is finished, i compiled them into a single InDesign book file.

I want to Package Book for Print and it crashes my InDesign every time.

You can specify where the file is stored.

Yes. The Book is saved on my desktop. The separate InDesign files that make up the book are on my companies server.

Where the assets/links are. What type of server it is. Unfortunately, I do not know what type of server it is. If you need to know, I will contact our IT department and find out.

You can also share with me a video and sample document with which i can reproduce the issue at amaarora@adobe.com

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you, amaarora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman

Like a lot of people, this issue started when I upgraded to Mojave, So I'm sure I can blame Apple; however I need to keep working in the mean time, so hopefully you guys can save the day and come up with a patch...

1. I have the same issue with InDesignCC v. 13, 2018 and  InDesignCC v.14, 2019

2. The steps I'm taking are as usual:

a. in the menu I choose File>Package

b. I press Package from options in the packing menu.

3. The expected result, is for InDesign to create a new folder with the "collected" or packaged links, fonts and Indd Document.

4. The "Packaging Document" progress bar appears on the middle of the screen, InDesign does create a new Folder in the destination folder, with the usual subfolders: Document Fonts and Links, but it becomes unresponsive. The progress bar in Packaging Document is not moving.

The original files are saved in a self contained folder that already emulates the way InDesign creates the packed folders  (I do that, because by having a subfolder called Document Fonts, the fonts work without having to install them on my desktop). Most of the links are also in a subfolder called Links. But the links that are shared with other related documents, i.e. logo, might not be there.

These folders are set-up in a SMB Server, but I have tried the same steps with files that are entirely on my desktop, but the issue remains.

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 11.54.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

It seems to be working after I changed the Security preferences in MacOS, but it's really slow, and other Creative Cloud Apps will stop working while the process of Packaging goes on.
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 12.36.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is working fine for most of the files. However, I have a 25Mb file that contains ~130 links and is a 22 pages dm file. One one computer it's crashing InDesign and on another one I had the attached error message.

Is there any limitation in term of links please? Can we bypass that if any?Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 10.09.58 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! Indesign starts the folder with a few images and then nothing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FILE>PACAKGE>NOTHING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me and still found no answer.

After upgrading Mojave, while collecting linked files, InDesign freezes and does not respond. Waited 2 hours but still no result. Tried different files and locations such as a windows server, desktop or external hard drive, still no clue. It was working properly with High Sierra.

If another Adobe app Such as Illustrator is open during the process, it also does not respond and cannot be force shutdown even in cmd+option+esc window. And also makes Finder to freeze too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for me. Always when I try to do a package from network server. Waiting, waiting, waiting and nothing. Neede to force quit Indesign and even restart computer to use again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same packaging issue ever since I've updated to InDesign CC v. 14_2019 and updating the OS to Mojave. What is the solution to packaging files??? I need to archive my files from month to month to get them off our working server onto another one. It's frustrating, I've been trying since this past Friday, thinking it was my machine or our servers. Either ID crashes or it freezes as it takes forever and then nothing happens. But from reading all the other comments, it's not an isolated issue pertaining just to me only. I see no solution to the problem. Adobe please help!

Thank you,

Your desperate users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't package and open my files from a server using Indesign 2019 and Mojave. What's Adobe will do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here one more chapter of my quest to discover the error:

I can't package from server with Indesign 2019 and Mojave because the "Documents fonts" folder is in there! When you uncheck this in the package option works! I even can open files normally when there is not that folder in my Indesign file root folder. So .. What Adobe can do now ?? It's a font problem! Hope this help everyone, do a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moofia66​ Nicole097​ jgriner​ try it, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Esto es legal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines