• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2019 performance issues / crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else having major performance issues with InDesign or having crashes? I can't move some textboxes (it just hangs until a couple of seconds), sometimes the program crashes after I moved a textbox. This started after the update to the recent version...and it's annyoing as hell!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

The latest build seems to be working for me - (v 14.0.1.209, win10, x64)  - hurray!

No more text box delay / program crashes (however, others have commented in another thread that the same build did not fix their issues). Here is the link if you don't want to wait for the official release.

link: Adobe Prerelease​

One thing to be aware of ... in the Creative Cloud "Apps" interface - it doesn't recognize INDD as being installed. I am hoping that this is a non-issue - but thought it was worth pointing

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 228 Replies 228
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my weight in this issue. Having problems with Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign since the update. Lags, crashes, name it. My co-workers too. Reverting to 2018 and hope Adobe adresses this issue lightning fast...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It's not a specific document or tied to a specific action, I just get the spinning wheel shortly after the application launches whether I open a document or not. Tried trashing preferences and the problem persists. I had to go back and reinstall CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Thanks to this post I was able to find out that InDesign was not hanging or crashing; instead it was a very long delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, too.  This is the first CC upgrade that has disappointed me.  I have an 8-core processor and run the latest Mac OS.  Previous InDesign version runs like lightning.  This one runs like a sedated snail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the 2019 upgrades have really disappointed me. I invested in a more powerful imac and along with the CC  upgrade was hoping for big speed and productivity improvements yet it has been really disappointing. CC2019 is very buggy, slow and unstable.  I've had issues with inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

sign in to InDesign Prerelease and test the new bug fix that is available there:

Color Settings Not Sticking – Adobe InDesign Feedback

AdminRavi Kiran (Admin, Adobe InDesign) | 1. November 2018

A new build containing the fix for this issue has been posted, you can get the build here:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171#tab_downloads

This will be installed as an update to InDesign CC 2019 that is installed on your machine.

Please try this build and let us know in case you see some new issues with it.

Adobe InDesign team

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded pre-release update and installed ...launched InDesign CC 2019 and it was very slow to boot (figured it's the first time, so that's normal). Finally brought up my recent documents ...clicked on one, got the spinning wheel of death. After about five minutes, force quit and tried a complete system restart.

Launched InDesign CC 2019 after restart. Still very slow to launch (maybe a full five minutes) before brining up recent documents. Clicked on one, and it opened after a minute or so. Clicked on the pulldown to change work mode from Essentials to Advanced ...got the spinning wheel of death again.

Thought maybe it just needed to work through something, so I took a break, talked to some co-workers, came back 15 minutes later, still the spinning wheel. Force quit, re-installed CC 2018 (again) ...opens fine and runs like a charm.

Mac OSX 10.13.6

iMac 3.1GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

so do a bug report on your issue on prerelease now that you signed in with prerelease.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems all but obvious to me that anyone using InDesign should wait this one out in favour of patiently awaiting the next point upgrade - at the very least.

DO NOT UPGRADE. Simple as that. Wait for the next point release. CC2019 was released too soon. Patience is gold, as they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right. Success of previous updates lulled my into false

confidence..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I can't seem to do anything, beach ball spinning on and off.

Great! I just restarted the program and now, nothing! About as useful as a desktop background.

Going back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. With any given session on any document, the first time I click to edit a text box it will hang for a while.

This is after resetting the preferences, and will happen on new or old documents alike.

Getting pretty close to reverting Indesign to the previous version too – Photoshop didn't last more than two hours before I had to revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something off with the typography toolbar? I was toodling along just fine - I flipped my toolbar from print editing to typography and everything froze. I've also had the program freeze just clicking on the T tool, but uninstall-reinstall seems to fix it until my PC restarts.  *sad panda*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, there's a bug. If you look through this thread, you'll see dozens and dozens of complaints. Apparently there's no fix yet. When it happens to me, things usually freeze for a minute or two then it's back to normal. Damn annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree mat-z. Hopefully it will be fixed sooner rather than later - I've been dealing with the T freeze since I updated, SUPER irritating to uninstall/reinstall daily to use software that's not free just to get daily work done. Today was the first experience I've had the freeze with the typography menu setup.  Thank goodness for forums for fix-it tips (too bad they're not perma-fixes), and sad to say, it's nice to know I'm not floating in the ocean on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frozen up on me twice today and I've only used ID for about two hours. Like I said, it goes away, but still...unacceptable. Alas, we are all beholden to Adobe's timing on fixing this. I'm sure they've heard this ad nauseam, but in their rush to get new versions out, bugs aren't sufficiently ironed out. I've used Adobe products for over 25 years and I don't remember a time when their stuff was as buggy as it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

constant problems: color settings disappear. I must reset everytime I open an Indd or AI file!

InDesign crashes. It's slow. AAaaaarggghh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Although, I'm getting hung up when attempting to edit a button. Just clicking the button brings the spinning beachball for nearly a minute. Most often, the entire button panel disappears. I've restart ID and my computer. Even reinstalled version 13.1. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if there is anyone using the ID CC 2019 release WITHOUT any problems? I don't think I have seen that mentioned here.

If the 2019 release is so problematic, why is it still left up available to download and install from Creative Cloud?

It seems to me that it should be removed until at least the most significant problems have been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, but I just installed Mojave and now my former problems with ID CC 14.0 have gone away. Buttons can be selected immediately, sans beachball, and the buttons & forms panel instantly changes.

I'm good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to successfully launch ID CC 2019 - crashes after recovery popup, with no error messages. I had the same problem with AI, but the crashes were resolved with the software update to 14.01.

Since non of the suggested workarounds have worked, I am hoping that an update will solve this crashing issue in ID too. Any word on when an update will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just updated to Mojave 10.14.1 and now when I select the Character Style pane fly-out, or the 'Create new Character Style' button on the pane it crashes InDesign. Will try saving back to CC2018 version and see if it works.

---

Working like a charm in CC2018, might just keep using that for a while longer ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried the 14.0.1.207 pre-release which was made available yesterday, and does it fix the issues?

Adobe Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that if you use the Essentials workspace (Window/Workspace/Essentials) the issues stop. Whenever I add the toolbar across the top with the typography options, inDesign slows down and I can't select text. My computer is iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2012 and I'm using macOS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megan,

you are describing a known bug with the Control panel and the Type tool. A bug fix is in development and available at InDesign prerelease. See here: Problem with changing the cursor to text – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines