• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2021 won't open docs on big sur 11.4

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Big Sur 11.4 on a 2019 Macbook Pro. Just had Indesign CC 2021, up to date, start up OK, but it wouldn't open any documents at all although I was getting messages indicating it had seen them, ie about opentype fonts being phased out. This is normally not a problem and docs open fine, but this time it wouldn't open or display documents at all. A restart solved it, but it has since happened again, necessitating another restart. It was in sleep so maybe a post sleep thing? Either way it's very annoying. Anyone else had this, or have ideas how to cure it? I presume it's a bug, but maybe in BS 11.4?

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to install also CC 2020 and try this.

And, if possible – check for the Indesign preRelease Version (if your are part of the program)

Also, try to reset the ID prefs: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Good luck…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how you reset the preferences. Do you mean delete them? Or restart with shift control option command? Is CC 2020 backwards compatible with CC 2021?

Not sure about pre-release version, do you mean pre release of CC2020 Indesign. Is this problem likely to be caused by Big Sur update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ayjayhawk,

first quit InDesign, do a backup of the preferences and the cache folders before you remove them.

Then restart your machine or InDesign 2021. Caches and preferences are rebuilt from scratch.

Consult this help page first to find the locations of the folders:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

FWIW:

OpenType fonts will not be phased out!

It's PostScript Type 1 fonts that will not work in an upcoming version of InDesign beginning with 2023.

If you dismissed the message once it should not come up again until you trash preferences or caches.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, will try, although it hasn't happened again yet. I meant Type 1 fonts !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines