• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC won't save my files

Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been working in InDesign for a week now and since yesterday I started noticing that at times InDesign won't undo and I am not able to save my file. I keep hitting command + s while working but it just doesn't save or give an error message. If I go on the File menu all the save and save as commands are grayed out. If you close the file and click on the save button InDesign just gives a message that the file cannot be saved. I have to close the file without saving and redo all the work. Because InDesign doesn't give an error when pressing command + s I would do a lot of work under the impression everything gets saved but it doesn't and I keep losing a lot of work.

Also CC runs very slow. There are times when the program just "freezes" for awhile while InDesign does somethings in the background and only after it is done you can start working again. The pages panel takes ages to load the previews onto the pages and while it is doing so I cannot do anything at all.

Starting to think I should have stayed with CS6.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 249 Replies 249
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you had at least a good support experience...

I was on LiveChat for 1hr20 mins, at the end of it the support said I need to deactivate my Wacom Driver, and that Adobe was not responsible for such issues. 

I was shocked at the miserable support.  I have a transcript of the chat!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve the problem

It was a font problem. Try to change all fonts to another default one. In my case I used system Helvetica. Find & Replace all with Arial regular. Save will work flawless.

Next try to repair with Font Book or any font utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean change all the fonts in your documents to something else? Not sure I follow your "fix".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. use font -> search and replace all the current font with another standard one (like if you are currently using helvetica on that document change all to Arial or Times or whatever you want)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is Adobe on this one? Are we nearing a solution?

I stopped dragging-and-dropping files from Bridge and I never have the no save/undo issue. At least 90% of the time, one simple drag-and-drop will stop me from saving and undoing (very easy to replicate). I just have to remember to hit CMD+D and only drop files into the open dialogue box or browse for them; however, it's quite annoying having to take the long way to get things done in InDesign when it all used to work once upon a time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, We have fixed this issue and have got this validated with many users who were earlier facing this issue..

Soon all would get the InDesign update wherein this issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

Dinkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is good news!

It would be nice if you could post a comment here as soon as the update, which contains this fix, is available. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's expected January 15. Look for an update that day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this update still on schedule? I'm not doing anything as complex as dragging and dropping a file from Bridge or using a Wacom tablet, etc.  All I did was click on a file I needed to update on the same laptop computer i have always used, worked on it, and then could not save. I eventually chose to export to pdf so I had something I could take to a printer and then exported it again to an imdl file. I was able to open my file and save it normally from that. But this is very distrurbing since I know I was working on a file I had previously updated in CC. As far as I knew I was no longer working in CS6 and haven't since early September.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, yes, it’s on schedule for this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, this will solve this issue. So far we have not been able to fix this, it's happening on every machine. Frankly, from the instantly crashing Photoshop, «vanished» Keyboard Shortcuts to various other issues (font problems, e.g. ) to this totally bizarre major bug, CC has been one of my worst experiences with an Adobe Update ever. We're actually considering going back to CS6 for now. Considering the price hike that the CC-model brings with it, I'm baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the new update this morning and I am still unable to save, save as, save a copy. I can't export as an IDML then re-save it as that doesn't work either. According to the guy I spoke to at Adobe I am the only person experiencing this problem (this was before the update). And they said that they know nothing about this problem. I am having to go back to Indesign 5.5 for now just to get my work done. So far CC has been a huge let down for me as I have to re-install illustrator at least once a week and got this issue with Indesign. Adobe's customer service is a joke, they wont help me because our company subscription doesn't include Tech support. When your company spends vast amounts of money on subscriptions you shouldn't have to pay for tech support, this should be free to anyone who buys an adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steven – Update? Today? I thought it is scheduled for tomorrow…

What is your exact version of InDesign CC after the update?

v9.1.1 ???
v9.2.0 ???

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CSXS update (that's the application manager, I think) shows up under a bunch of different programs in the updater, including ID, but it isn't the ID update that everyone has been waiting for.

Patience....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Laubender - It updated at 8.40 this morning, but is still showing as version 9.1???. It was the only application that updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steven – then, I would think, it would not be the bug-fixed version…
What is after the 9.1 ? A zero? => 9.1.0 or something else? => 9.1.1 ?

When on Mac hold down the cmd-key when you chose "About InDesign"; now you should see the exact version of the product.

Example for my InDesign CS5.5:

Adobe-InDesign-Version: CS5.5(7.5.3.333)

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Laubender - Its 9.1.0.33. It did say that it was Bug Fixes. Looks like i'll just have to put my customers off till we get this supposed update to fix these problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue in InDesign CC.  I can't Save / Save As or Undo.  Very frustrating and I'm now behind with my work 😞

My version is 9.1.0.33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update for InDesign CC (9.2) is now live and is available via the creative cloud installer. This update fixes the File Save disabled issue along with several performance problems. In addition, the update includes epub enhancements, Typekit Desktop Font Integration and Hyperlink simplification. Please give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the new update and guess what...I still can't save, save as or undo! This is absolutely ridiculous! I am gonna have to switch back to Indesign CS5.5 till Adobe sort this out. If anyone from Adobe is viewing this, get in touch because I am sick of dealing with people who keep saying that there is no problem when this thread shows there clearly is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steven,

Could you please check from InDesign->About InDesign with command key pressed, to verify the Adobe InDesign version you have updated to? It should be 9.2.0.69.

Thanks,

Dinkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that is correct Dinkar. This is so frustrating because all was well until the update just after Christmas, I haven't been able to use Indesign CC since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have updated to latest(according to my cloud update) but it is only 9.1.0.33??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KineticMCD schrieb:

Hi

I have updated to latest(according to my cloud update) but it is only 9.1.0.33??

No, now is 9.2 available. If the CC app does not show any update restart the CC app or go in the specif program to Help > Updates …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Are you using a tablet? We have found that by switching the "touch" feature "off" has solved the problem here...

Hope this helps

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines