Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes after saving project on SMB share

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I have the problem that InDesign CC 2017 crashes on my Mac when I save projects to a SMB / Samba share. After saving the project the first time, InDesign didn't crash. But when I edit the file and save it again, InDesign crashes. Partially even the finder crashes with. If the project is stored locally on the Mac, the error does not occur.

More information:

- 5K iMac with the latest MacOS
- Latest version of InDesign
- I already reinstalled InDesign
- The SMB user has definitely full access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

You can try one thing after creating your project save it to your internal drive/ Desktop, and then try to move to your external hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

saving on a local drive or an external hard drive works without problems. Only if I would save on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SMB-Share, it crashes. But if I want to save it on a Windows 10 SMB-share, it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug? Suffering the same, and also some guys I work with are too. Not sure how the process of saving work on a desktop will be effective, when having to work from a server, on several files. Keen to have an answer to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines