• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes when opening Story Editor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue (seems to be semi-common) where InDesign crashes when I open Story Editor. It has been driving me nuts because since I have been using SE, I have found it unbelievably useful.  After having tried all the tricks I have seen online (reset preferences, reinstall ID, export to IDML, etc etc) I think I have stumbled on something interesting.

I was looking in SE preferences and noticed the Enable Anti-Aliasing option.  It was checked by default.  I unchecked it, tried to open SE again and it opened!  This on a file that had previously been crashing.  I closed SE, went back and checked the option and tried to re-open SE and voila - it crashed. I have been able to repeat this several times now.  The caveat is that when anti-aliasing is unckecked the tect in SE looks ragged (which is to be expected), but I think that might be a decent lead as to what is going on.

If anyone has been having this issue and wants to try delecting Anti-Aliasing and seeing if SE will launch, let me know.  Maybe the ID community can make some headway here.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add something that I just tried.  After I opened SE with anti-aliasing OFF, I went back into preferences and turned it ON while SE was already open.  The text smoothed out and it's working fine.  

Again, this is the exact same file that would crash when I opened SE with anti-aliasing ON.  This might be enough of a work-around to maintain my sanity for now.  Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

And FYI - ID 19.2 on an iMac running 14.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baxter,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the workaround that helped you fix the issue. Would you mind checking if the issue is happening with the 19.3 version, which is the latest version currently? 

We would love to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I will definitly try it with 19.3 and report back.  Thanks for the response.

Baxter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Please keep us posted with the update. We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines