Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashes When Using Specific Fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a document in InDesign 2024 and every time I try to use a specific font, the program crashes. I have tried uninstalling, and when the font is missing, the program is able to run fine. However, when I reinstall and try to modify a text frame that uses the font it crashes again. Any suggested workarounds? It is an Adobe font (Halyard). 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the font in your desktop app and then redownloading it from the Adobe website? I have also been able to fix some problems with Adobe fonts by signing out in the desktop app and then signing in again. I know that these two suggestions seem rather simplistic but I've often found that hitting a mechanical device in the side can often fix its problem. In my experience the world of computers isn't all that different from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eryn5F86 

Maybe your document is corrupted - try IDMLing - export as IDML, open, save with a new name - do not overwrite your original INDD file.

Or try to download this font again? Maybe it got corrupted as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Eryn5F86,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you're experiencing crash issue with specific font and text frame. In addition to what our expert has requested and suggested, could you please also submit a crash report including your email address so we can locate the crashes at our end and investigate further?

We will be happy to investigate the issue and help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines