• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign doesn’t start

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restarting my quite new IMac InDesign doesn’t start. There is no problem with other Creative Cloud programs, only InDesign. This is really bad, especially since I am forced to subscribe on Adobes programs.

I am doing the last design on a cultural magazine which shall be delivered to the printinghouse on Monday. How do I fix the problem? I expect an answer immediately. 

Best regards,

Anders Weidar

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Thank you for quick answer, but problem is already solved. I unistalled InDesign and installed it again, and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When InDesign begins to behave erratically, consider rebuilding your cache and preferences. Doing so will solve most of these issues, and the link below explains both the keyboard technique (which works most of the time) as well as the more thorough approach to deleting (or renaming) your cache and preferences, which tends to resolve the more stubborn issues not rectified by the keyboard approach. In your case, skip the keyboard technique and go right to Manually removing (or renaming) the files.

See: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for quick answer, but problem is already solved. I unistalled InDesign and installed it again, and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case if your issue comes back (as it did happen to some users):

If you're running InDesign 18.5, then it appears that many users experience the same issue (judging by the amount of similar posts on the forum).

First, update to macOS 13.5 (unless you already did). It solved the issue for some users.

If it doesn't help, then users recommend to install an earlier version - preferably 18.3. You can do it from the Creative Cloud app:

leor_0-1692972302827.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thank you, leo.r. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great you resolved your issue.
For future reference and larger issues

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad to hear you are back on track.

FWIW, rebuilding preferences does essentially the same thing—it gives you a fresh version of InDesign without having to go through the uninstall/reinstall. If you didn't remove preferences when you uninstalled however, this problem may reoccur. If it does just come back and work through that post.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines