• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inDesign: eps/ai-logo change colors when exported as PDF or EPS. Why?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my inDesign file with 4 eps logos to PDF: 3 of the logos looks fine but 1 of them suddenly changes color.
The logos are sent to me by clients, and I have tried several times to change the color profile etc. on the logo that doesn't work. (I have the ai file as well, but I had to remove the white background from the logo - so I made it into EPS to do so.) But nothing seems to work. Not even the original ai file I received from the client.

To be clear, I am a rookie.
I've only been working with inDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for a year in relation to my education. So I still have much to learn.

Help is much appreciated. 🙂

Language: Danish or English.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you export using the PDF/X-4 preset and view in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mst96  wrote

Unfortunately it didn't work. 😕

Are you viewing the PDF in AcrobatPro? Not all PDF readers correctly color manage their previews. Also is the color in the problem logo Spot or Process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Output section of your InDesign preferences make sure that "No Color Conversion" is chosen (see screen shot).

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 11.02.52 AM.png

Also it is always better to save Illustrator files as .ai (or even pdf) rather than .eps. Eps is an outdated file format that has not been updated since the 1990s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'll try that. I've always set it to Coated FOGRA39, cause that is what the printer requires. But when there is no Color Conversion set, how can you make sure that the printed colors matches the colors you want to make?
-  Like I said, I'm a rookie. So I just want to understand it correctly. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just tried it out, and unfortunately it didn't work. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to export it as jpeg, just to see if the problem was general. And that seems to work fine. But they still need the file as a PDF, so unfortunately the problem isn't solved yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mst96  wrote

but I had to remove the white background from the logo - so I made it into EPS to do so.

This makes no sense. If you have the AI files, place them and be sure to turn on "show options." Choose transparent background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Like I said I'm a rookie. So I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines