• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Epub file exporting as individual images and not an ebook

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to create an ebook in InDesign for the past week and for some reason whenever I export it as an epub file, it exports as individual images and not an entire put-together book. I am unsure what I am doing wrong here. Is it a setting I have to adjust?

I have tried creating my own book template through tutorials online and tried Adobe Stock templates but nothing seems to be working. 

Can anyone help me with this?

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, are you trying to export to fixed-page EPUB (FXL) or reflowable? (I'd suspect the former, from the nature of the problem.) The question is then why are you not using the generally superior reflowable format?

As for the problem itself, when you say "a series of images" — do you mean actual separate image files, or page-images within the exported file? If the latter, that's (more or less) exactly what FXL format is, each page rendered using graphical elements and very complex HTML layout to present something very similar to a print page.

Need a little more info here to help. 🙂

And just to jump ahead a little in likely problem areas, templates are not usually a good choice for complex projects by users who aren't masters of whatever format and features are involved. They often bring, or lead to, as many problems as they solve.

Also, what EPUB viewer are you using — assuming you are getting far enough to have a viewable file? EPUB results are entirely dependent on using a compatible, standard viewer. If you're using Adobe's, you need to switch to one that actually, you know, works. 🙂

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines