• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - How to find out the project dimensions

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I am editing this flier for my client - and I am using Indesign for the first time. I opened their source file they gave me so I guess the dimensions are right.

But, I still want to make sure everything is correctly done. Can you guys let me know how can I found out what kind of dimension is the current project I am editing?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the potential to do all sorts of damage if you approach this without training. A key point is that in general you never change fonts or styles or similar in the obvious ways (from the menus/toolbars) but by changing styles. Change directly only if the original creator didn't use styles.

Another tip: sizes in InDesign are NOT in pixels, even if (very misleadingly) you can choose "Px" as a unit. Think of this as "nonsense pixels" as a unit. InDesign work is measured in inches or millimetres. If it is meant for web use, there are some tricks to saving with a predictable pixel count, though saving direct as PNG or JPEG from InDesign is problematic and may not be the best route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Pages tool in the tool bar on the left.

Click the page - the dimensions are shown in the Properties panel if it's shown on the right.

Or it's in the control bar at the top Window>Control

I think you should take a bit of time and learn the software basics.

Adobe have Tutorials

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/tutorials.html?filters=%7B%22topics%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22level%22%3A%5B...

But you can also get a free Months Trial with Linkedin Learning - and there's plenty of tutorials on their to get started.

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As @Eugene Tyson suggested, click any page and check the properties panel on the right for the dimensions. Also, you can modify or check the dimensions by going to File menu > Document setup. I hope it helps!

Anshul_Saini_0-1634683600788.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines