• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - missing Text/ Images when Publish Online

Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a really bad experience with Indesign at moment. Been using for about 12 years, on latest cloud version.  Objects such as drawn indesign objects and svg are suddenly going missing when Publishing Online.  All since 3rd March (yesterday).  Have rolled back to earlier file version, but also having the same problems, wondering if it's a program software issue?   Any help appreciated

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Hi everyone!

For me it seems to finally work now!

Hope it stays this way,

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

I ran a few test using automatic and it seems to be working again? 

Have anyone else tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Hi there,

Sorry about this experience. This issue has been fixed. I would request you all to check again and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nigel,

I'm not an Adobe employee. Did a new discussion at Adobe InDesign Prerelease regarding the problem this morning. Please create a bug report at InDesign UserVoice with a backlink to our discussion here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Note, that at UserVoice Bugs there is a category for ePub/HTML/Publish Online with currently 188 entries.

That all said, do you have a link to a project published online where we can see the issue in the browser?

Perhaps its an issue with the newer version of a specific browser? Or platform dependend?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Sorry for not realising you're not an Adobe employee, how do you get to be an Adobe Community Professional can I ask?

I've spent more time trying to work-out the Publishing Online problem, having installed 17.0.1, 17.0 and also 16.4.  I've also tried loading old files (nov 21) as well as creating totally new ones today. At the end of about 2.5 hours of messing, the Adobe support guy on the chat said that Adobe have been messing with the servers.  Am I correct in thinking that when an InDesign user publishes online, the Publish Online software is not built into the user InDesign, but sits on an Adobe server and this is where the processing is done, before it then then writes the html to the server and allocates a url?  If this is how it works, then that part of the publishing online process is totally out of our hands.  Or is all the html generated on our PC within Indesign?  (in which case I can't see any way this issue can be resolved).

Regards

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

It appears the problem lies with the Adobe servers. If you look at the screen print, you can see that all the objects are listed, but they are not being delivered by the server.

Regards

Nigel

Server failure.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I'm using 17.1.1 on a 2020 iMac.

I've re-installed, no luck.

I've gone back to an older version, no luck.

What I notice this moring is I publish online and various text boxes and pics are missing. If I hit publish oneline again without making any chnages the same thing happens but different issues.

If I click on download PDF the file opens in a new tab perfectly and I can download a perfect file.

The Publish online is the issue. Since I use it to send things out for approval I REALLY NEED this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BigBob22,

I've clarified again with Uwe that SVGs and scaling are not the issue, it's the missing objects generally that are. Getting really worried that Adobe are going to get this sorted, can see you have concerns also.  I'm not sure if Adobe carry out micro-updates to the software that we've been hit by.

Regards

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BB,

Looks like it's a problem with the Adobe servers, so if you look at the image below, you can see objects listed, but failure of servers to deliver.  I'm hoping somebody will do something about this promptly, but if you can urge them also, that may help.

Regards

Nigel

Server failure.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BigBob22,

what's the browser you test your Publish Online project with?

Can we get a URL to test other browsers on Windows as well?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BB22

Rolled back to 16.4 Indesign this morning and also files from November. Made no difference at all to the random missing objects when Publishing Online.  Had long chat with a support guy today, he didn't believe the problem existed, had to spend about 2 hours going through all the scenarios before he could believe me. He even tried to tell me my file was corrupt until I created some new docs whilst sharing the screen, then publishing online giving totally random results. Then at end he said that there had been some messing with the servers.  I have a suspicion that there's a piece of server/software that when you publish online, your Indesign hooks up with, before coverting your file into HTML and CSS - and this is where the problem lies.  They make it such hard work to get any sense.

Regards

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nigel,

thanks for that report.

Could you share a packaged InDesign document where you see the issues with Publish Online?

I'd like to do some tests from my machine.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BigBob22,

thank you for the links.

I can see the problems as well with Firefox on Windows 10, Edge and Chrome on the same machine.

Bob-Issue-cd4a67ed-433a-48cd-8477-4402a4786b89.PNG

Bob-Issue-ea73918e-a658-4fcb-9e24-f2ed8ae10ab8.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to point out something, The look bad when published online BUT if you download them they are perfect. So we are not uploading bad or corrupted files. They are displaing improperly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BigBob22,

if you download "them" you are downloading a PDF file. With PDF export there is no issue.

If you save the pages one by one with your browser and open the downloaded HTML you still see the missing links.

Regards,

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nigel,

did some tests with InDesign 2022 documents on my Windows 10 machine.

I simply cannot recreate your issue.

So what I need now is a simple sample document from you. A document that is showing the issue on your side.

Something I could test on my end. A packaged document you could provide by Dropbox or a similar service.

To answer some of your questions:

Yes, the final process is not in our hands. Publish Online is a servive Adobe provides on the web.

And also yes, a temp folder is written to your user folder's temp folder during the Publish Online export process.

A folder with some interesting contents named for example like this: HTMLExport12056154641846646781

But it has no real practical use for us, because even if you change its contents it will not travel to the result you'll see in your browser the next time you update your project.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All @Nigey-LTA @BigBob22 @kevinw2989010,

We are sorry for the trouble. Multiple users have reported a similar issue here and on other Adobe channels. We have escalated the issue and logged a bug with the Product team. We will request you to share a few details which would really help us investigate the issue further:

• Operating System
  • InDesign version on which these files are created & modified
  • Is this happening with some published online documents or all?
  • Would it be possible for you to share the original InDesign document (.indd) in which you are facing the issue after publishing online? If yes, please package the document and upload it to the DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or similar service and share the download link here or via DM with the "publish online" link of that document.
  • Please share a small video demonstrating the issue. It would be really helpful.

Also, I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44880703-indesign-publi...) if not done already.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there  - 

I have been experiencing the same issue and it is with all documents. I've had no prior issue until recently, using the same mahine, Operating system and version of InDesign. Please help to get this fixed ASAP - We have clients that are waiting on this content and a presentation scheduled. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a nightmare. It's slowing me down. My staff is wondering why I'm slow in responding to their requests. It sucks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are really sorry for this experience. I understand your frustration and incontinence this issue has caused @BigBob22 & @QLS2022.

The team is working hard on a fix. I would request you to share the details as asked above. It would really help us investigate the issue further.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested yesterday I emailed you a detailed reply.

I got this back

The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m checking some setting to see if that changes anything

I work on a 2020 iMac 27’ 3.58 with 40 gb of ram

I’m using InDesign 17.1

This is happening in all my documents:  I usually publish one page at a time and it’s always bad.

I’ve noticed that when I publish an entire file the first few pages are wrong and the error clears up after a few pages

1st – I lowered the resolutions of the file -

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e741ad54-036d-4684-820f-ab3d25a25dd9  17 pages

2nd - Higher resolution – the same 17 pages -

https://indd.adobe.com/view/b6d9a27b-f7b0-46c2-817b-dafbd912844d

3rd - same file- low res- only the firsts 3 pages –

https://indd.adobe.com/view/10175884-d393-44cc-8915-686473fe5d10

4th - same file- high res- only the firsts 3 pages -

https://indd.adobe.com/view/8cbeb5ab-b2c7-4130-9511-f4860b6a7587

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Operating System - Windows 10 
  • InDesign version on which these files are created & modified - InDesign 17.1 (2022)
  • Is this happening with some published online documents or all? All 
  • Would it be possible for you to share the original InDesign document (.indd) in which you are facing the issue after publishing online? No, this is confidential material, but others have shared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of this issues InDesign has crashed on me 5 times in two days! WTH is going on at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details @BigBob22 & @QLS2022. I will forward it to the team and will keep you updated on the progress. In the meantime, I will request you to please be patient.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry about the crashing @BigBob22. I know that's really frustrating.

I would request you to submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report, and we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines