Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Multi-line File Name Text Variable

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This has been asked as a question before, but I've not found an answer so I'm asking it a little more specifically to what I'm looking for. I have a text variable for the file name and I'm wanting to learn to make it automatically scroll into multiple lines. Currently if your text box is not wide enough, all of the characters condense into each other making it illegible.

I've found a forum regarding creating nested styles that didn't seem to work. Any specific help and instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text variables are limited to one line. It's been a known issue/limitation as long as the Text Variable feature has existed.

Post a feature request here (but check there first, there may be one you already posted which you can vote for):

Feature Requests/Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and still no solution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not having an issue. Nothing's changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is important to a lot of people (myself included). Please vote for this as a feature request here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31023790-ma...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines