Exit

InDesign Newsletter - November 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xmas ID News-01-01.png

Hi Everyone,

The most awaited time of the year, which brings Snowman, Santa Claus, Gifts, Sweets, Love & Joy, is almost here! The Adobe Community Team wishes you a Merry Christmas, Happy New year, and Happy Holidays in advance. To mark the occasion, we have included a tutorial by Andrea showcasing "How to use Auto Style in InDesign" which will help you to style your InDesign document as per the festival theme.

Also, we have a recap of the Behance live stream by Anika, depicting "How to create a book cover in InDesign."

If you want to stay tuned to similar updates, please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to receive notifications for our newsletter on a monthly basis.

Adobe Community Expert Highlight

I'm honored to feature "Bill Silbert" as our community superstar for this month. Bill started working in the Design industry even before apps like InDesign, and Illustrator exists. He used to draw illustrations on paper with such a perfection as we draw by using apps like Illustrator today. Bill has been a part of our community for over 9 years. Bill is an expert in multiple Adobe Products like Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop etc. He has contributed to around 5k community posts so far. We are thankful for his contribution to our community. Let's know more about him in his own words:-

BILL SILBERT.JPG

" I grew up in Massachusetts but have been living in the New York area since I came to Brooklyn to go to Pratt sometime in the second half of the twentieth century. After school I started my career as a freelance illustrator which I did for several years. Then in 1989 I discovered something called Adobe Illustrator (Illustrator ‘88 to be specific) that was followed in quick succession with Photoshop and something that I think was called Quark. I fell hard for this new world and totally reinvented myself. I eventually became the Studio training manager at a large New York agency where I worked for 26 years before recently retiring. In 2002 my boss asked me to look into a still relatively new program called InDesign. He wanted me to research it and create a curriculum that could be used to convert our whole agency. It actually took six years for that to come to pass and I had to completely rewrite and update that curriculum paper several times. But eventually I was able to use what I had written to train the whole agency. My good friend Jeff Witchel, an Adobe Certified Expert, used my curriculum (for consistency’s sake) to train the Art Directors and I personally trained the Studio.

Almost six years ago Jeff told me about the Program and got me invited to a seminar in New York. It didn’t take long before I realized that this was something I’d actually been working toward for a long time. It’s been an extremely rewarding experience giving something back to the Adobe community. And I’m amazed at how much I’ve learned as I’ve helped others. 

Earlier this year I had a physical injury that prevented me from being on the computer at all for six months. Being back both on the computer and the forum after all of that makes me appreciate the experience of being part of this helping community all the more.

Hobbies/interests: I really love using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to design projects just for myself. Since I spent so many years working day in and day out on the computer in these same programs the line between work and play has been constantly blurred.

Fun Fact: A long time ago I used to actually draw illustrations (on paper!) that actually looked like they were drawn in Adobe Illustrator! This, of course, was before Illustrator existed (Superb🦸). Below is an example of such artwork:-

BILL SILBERT ILLUSTRATION.jpeg

The Adobe InDesign and Illustrator forums are actually the only online presence that I maintain where you can connect with me.

To know more about our Adobe Community Experts, click here.

New tutorial:-  How to use Auto Style in InDesign (Tech Preview feature)

Behance stream flashback

How to create a book cover in InDesign by Anika Aggarwal

Top Issue:-

• Issue:- Error #0: Publish Online is currently not available for your organization.         
  • Licensing:- This issue is specific to Shared Device Licensing package only.                  
  • Action:- Bug has been logged with our product team for further research on this issue.

Helpful links

User guide | FAQCommon troubleshooting steps System requirements | Tutorial

To receive notifications for our newsletters for other Apps, please follow these pages:-

Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | After Effects | Premiere Pro

Follow InDesign on 
Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Bill! Awesome! Thanks for sharing your amazing story! I really enjoyed seeing your superb artwork that was very unbelievably done by hand. Totally inspiring. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, super nice and a great inspirational journey so far.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear your backstory, Bill!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great, @Bill Silbert! I knew some of this, but not all of it!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bill SilbertBill and I have known each other for over 50 years. We met at Pratt as Freshmen and have been close friends ever since. What many don't know is that Bill and I learned Adobe Illustrator together in the late 1980s. Before Bill had his first computer, he used to drop by my office to play with this fairly new application called Adobe Illustrator 88. In no time Bill was doing great work in this new application and it was not long before he was working at an expert level. 

Nice article about a great friend! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines