• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Not Reflecting Updates from Linked AI Files

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a multi-page AI file placed in my InDesign document. After making changes to the AI file, I save it. When I check the Links panel in InDesign, the yellow triangle alert appears. I ALT-click the update button, and InDesign updates all the links, but the changes I made in the AI file are not reflected in InDesign.

This is a process I've done many times before without any issues. The same problem occurred with a different file yesterday. I've tried restarting my PC in case it was a glitch, but that didn't help. Do you have any idea why the link update function isn't working as it should?

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

I have since deleted the linked file and re-placed it which seems to have resolved the issue. If it happens again I will try this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your versions of InDesign and Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest of both, ID 19.5 and Windows 10 Enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you linking to files on your hard drive or to files on a server or cloud? If you've been linking to a source that is not your hard drive then try the process with files on your hard drive and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I tried copying the working folder (with linked files) to my hard drive, opened the ID file, it asked to update the linked file which I did, but unfortunately, same result. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI have a multi-page AI file placed in my InDesign document.
By @MEONHOMES

Does it happen with any Illustrator file or only multi-page ones?

p.s. multi-artboard, to be accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far seems to only be with multi-artboard AI docs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MEONHOMES

Maybe your file got corrupted. 

Try IDMLing to fix your file - export as IDML, open, save with a new name - do not overwrite your original file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since deleted the linked file and re-placed it which seems to have resolved the issue. If it happens again I will try this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @MEONHOMES

Do you still have a copy of your file - before replacing AI file? 

Can you try IDMLing it anyway? Just to see what happens. 

Replacing AI file might have fixed the corruption. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines