InDesign Server Forum Access

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search up posts related to InDesign Server I constantly get redirected to this page: https://community.adobe.com. How do I get access to Adobe InDesign Server specific forum posts?

I am trying to setup InDesgin Server with LBQ on Windows(I've done it on Mac in the past) but I am having difficulties getting Adobe InDesign Server to launch. I am sure my questions have been answered previously. It is supreemly frustrating to have paid 12k for this software and not be able to access information on how to configure it or community forums related to it.

TOPICS
Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. So. I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been fighting with Adobe since.... The Clinton administration.

To say their greed knows no bounds would be an understatement. But I digress.

View your windows system logs, and you'll likely see that licensing has failed. It's always done this. Always.

If you want to see it in action, fire up the server from a console, powershell, et al.

c:>\really\Long\Path\InDesignServer.com/exe --port 42069

You'll see right away why it won't launch. Now, how to fix the particular problem you might have? Aside from sacrificing a goat, YMMV.

tl;dr: Finding out what problem you have is key to solving the problem. ID server has many problems.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @grahamsprague,

With the migration to the new forum software, the forums have changed a bit. Now there are no seperate spaces for things like scripting, server etc. So now we have a forum for the software like InDesign within that we have a concept of topics which can be assigned to the query when posting as you have done by assigning 'Server developers" tag to your post. This topic then can be used to query and look for posts related to a particular topic. On the landing page of the forum you will see the topics on the top, you can click on each of the topic to display only the posts tagged with those topics. I know this won't necessarily pick all the relevant post but that is the only thing available now.

-Manan 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines