• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Spreads of different heights coming out the same size when exported PDF

Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a document in InDesign that is made up of different size pages. (height and widths) - these are spreads.

When I export the PDF, they are all the same size? I need then to remain the actual sizes with the bottoms aligned.

Is there anyway to export the spreads so that they hold their true page setup size and align to the bottom?

thanks

babe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the pages in Acrobat are actually the same size or are just being shown in the same view? Depending on what screen view is chosen in Acrobat (for example: Fit Width) through View>Zoom> it may appear that each page of the document is the same size. This is because Acrobat will display each page to fit into the screen view mode that has been chosen. You can set the default magnification for Actual Size in Acrobat through File>Properties>Initial View but that will mean that larger spreads may need to be zoomed out from to see the whole thing. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 11.17.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, but I did try this and it still shows up as the same size for both pages, taking the larger size of the two.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Export feature (File>Export> Adobe PDF (Print)) to make your pdfs? This feature can only make pdfs that are the original size. If by some chance you are using the out-of-date method of making a pdf by exporting a postscript file and then using Acrobat Distiller to actually create the pdf then that could explain the single page size. That method creates pdfs using the page size selected in the Print dialog window where you're saving the postscript file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there anyway to export the spreads so that they hold their true page setup size and align to the bottom?

When you export with Spreads checked, the spread is combined into a single page, so I don’t think it is possible.

If you export the spread as pages the best you can do in Acrobat is set the Page Display to Two Page View, but the alignment is going to be centered

Screen Shot 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines