Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesignServer - All Layers are allways unlocked

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have an issue reading the locked state of InDesign Document Layers. Everytime i open a document on the server all layers are unlocked and i can not read the lock value set by the user. 

I tested this behaviour with a small scripts against all Versions i have acess to. For InDesignServer 2020 the lock is correctly returned. For 2021 and 2022 the locked value is always false.
If i open a document on the server and save it, the unlock will be saved. The same document will show no locked layer in InDesign (Desktop), even if all layers were previously locked.

This is the script i used to test this: (Prints to the EventLog)

var file = new File("C:/Test/Test.indd");
var doc = app.open(file);
for (var i = 0; i < doc.layers.length; i++) {
   var layer = doc.layers[i];
   app.consoleout("Layer " + layer.name + " Locked: " + layer.locked + " Visible: " + layer.visible);
}
doc.close(SaveOptions.YES);

Do i miss something? Is there maybe a configuration option on the application?

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange and surely looks like a bug. I don't have an IDS installation to test it, if someone else drops on this thread and has access to IDS they could verfiy it. However, if you have no doubts on your testing I would encourage you to file a bug report

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/913162-adobe-indesign-sdk-scripting-bugs-and-features

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've posted this to the Forum you mentioned. 
Here is the Link for anyone stumbeling over this issue later:
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/913162-adobe-indesign-sdk-scripting-bugs-and-features/suggesti...

Thanks Peter for confirming the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the problem you see in InDesign Server 2021 and 2022. Please log a bug, as Manan mentioned.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines