• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iNSTALL OLD VERSION for occasional use.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used ID CS2 Years Ago on job, now retired, like to install on new laptop, won't accept serial #.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

As far as I know the serial number would have been used on your old computer - so it's still registered as being installed somewhere.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/license-transfer-for-cs2/td-p/8886072

Perhaps @Vivek12 can assist

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know the serial number would have been used on your old computer - so it's still registered as being installed somewhere.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/license-transfer-for-cs2/td-p/8886072

Perhaps @Vivek12 can assist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, CS2 is a long dead version. There is no way to install it for use on any computer,

Even if you could get your serial number accepted, there is no way to activate the software since the activation servers were retired by Adobe several years ago. There are no workarounds.

On a new laptop, your best option is to subscribe to a Cloud plan and use the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate it! I wanted to do an occasional newsletter or flier for my church. It's kinda like saying I can no longer drive that 53 Chevrolet to the store once in a while. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer [not equal to] Car

One is analog, the other is digital. A different realm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to the old typewriter you have in the attic. It's analog. It will still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So use something else. If the last version you used was CS2 it's not like you were staying up to date anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @L Welch , I have Photoshop 1 running, but it’s on a 2002 iMac running OSX 10.4 in Classic mode (System 9)—obviously PS1 is not going to run on any recent OS. With any vintage software you would have to do the same—find hardware that runs the last system that supports the software.

If all you need is InDesign it can be rented for $23 per month—or do you really need a high end page layout app to do a church newsletter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could always try a non-Adobe alternative such as Affinity Publisher which is sold on a pay-once-own-forever (no subscription) basis.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/publisher/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an occasional newsletter, use a different application. If you had a Mac, you could use Pages. Or even Microsoft Word or some other simple publishing app in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines