• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Pdfs Display issues in Acrobat DC

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Have Upgraded to Adobe Acrobat DC and very sad to find that many of the styling features I use in Indesign to to make interactive pdfs no longer work correctly

I have tested existing interactive pdfs that function perfectly in Acrobat XI and Adobe acrobat Reader but open the same files in Acrobat DC and Acrobat DC Reader and most of the documents i have designed and produces over last few years have been renderer useless

The Problem is a with form buttons and show and hide areas basically any transparency glow or drop shadow effect fail to display producing a pixelated mess
A design feature i have utilised a lot is a semi transparent panel which contains text and graphics which displays on rollover of a button. because of the transparency in the panel the whole panel fails to display in any meaningful way Similarly with any effects which as glows drop shadow destroy the display of the whole button.

Reverting back to a previous version Acrobat will not solve the problem as people upgrade the documents become redundant I assume i will have to design any new projects to this new reality what i will say to clients with newly delivered iBrochures or interactive pdfs i have yet to consider

It is unbelievable that Adobe would unilaterally under mind this part of indesign without at least flagging this up so content creators could design appropriately

I can only hope this is a problem with my setup only or it is one that adobe intend to fix appreciate any thoughts on the matter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rats. I hope they fix this soon. What a mess. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have mentioned before  the Problem is only with  Acrobat DC.  Indesign   has  not changed   at all  I have a large back catalog of work that will not work  in acrobat DC  but works Fine In Acrobat  XI and  previous version    Re exporting the files  from Indesign  changes  nothing  the files  still work   in  older versions of Acrobat    and Fail in  Acrobat DC

The Real  Question is Acrobat DC  going to be fixed   or  have a i Got   resign  jobs  so that they can  function in the new  world  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My documents that were displaying incorrectly now look ok in Acrobat DC. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No  My document  still have the same issues  There has be  no update  so why  would  the problem self resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case nothing changes, a new version of creative cloud is being installing right now. I hope that this will come with an update of the acrobat and It would solve the problem because a lot of people is complaining about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense now why Adobe removed XI completely...might as well have 1 mess on their hands, not 2. Same issue here making interactive PDF no matter what I try.

shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. DC I get the weird glow but in Reader 11 It works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to DC today. I am extremely troubled by the way DC reacts with Interactive PDF generated using Indesgn. Specifically the way buttons render. I have many projects where I program buttons to show/hide other buttons on the page - many appearing with semi-transparent backgrounds over a background image and what I am seeing now is a very strange, pixelated and color distorted effect.

I rely on Acrobat's functionality for this matter - is there a bug fix impending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alisaird  I have reported the problem to many forums and submitted a bug report,  just waiting  to see  if they intend  to fix  this.  Like you I have a back catalog  of work  that no longer functions in Acrobat DC.  I am relying  on the fact  that  business users are very slow at  updating their versions of acrobat reader.    Without a fix i am going to have to deal with a lot of irate  clients   and  in many cases  there  is no easy fix  to my  work  much  of  it will have to be designed.  I am really relying  on fix    and am unsure of what action to take is none is forth coming. it would  be really  helpful if adobe    could  let us know  one way or another   so  i can   start   working  on a strategy  to deal with this problem other than just sitting here with my fingers crossed  hoping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response - I have also logged a bug report. It's extremely frustrating and yes, hopefully not everyone will be as quick off the mark to update.

I will keep pushing Adobe in what ever way I can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Deeply frustrating. 

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes wonder why Adobe are so slow responding to some problems.  For example, the data merge problem seems to be a feature of InDesign now (and forever more?).  

This latest problem with buttons displaying incorrectly in Acrobat seems to be another design feature we might have to live with for quite some time.  As with a previous reader, I have customers complaining about the strange behaviour of my presentations (I create presentations in InDesign and export to pdf).

It all remains deeply frustrating.  I wonder if Adobe would like to offer me a refund for the amount of time I am having to spend to remake presentations and publications?

Best Wishes

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree - I have also been pestering them in a more public way on Twitter - please do the same and hopefully we can publicly rally them to sort this.

They did acknowledge the problem and said engineers are working on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the plan is for Acrobat DC to have quarterly updates. We can all guess when that will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I've seen 5 updates now for tablets/iOS. Who cares if the desktop version is still a mess! Big grey Open dialog box under OS X and this DISASTER in displaying iPDF, the latter being such a big problem it should have been fixed at once! Acrobat DC? Acrobat Vista!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Horrible mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I have solved the problem but I may have a clue. I am on Windows 7 and yesterday had the same issue while editing a pdf in DC that I created in Indesign with transparency and interactive objects. Total mess. The same pdf looked fine in Adobe Reader. Today, while starting up Outlook there was a message to the effect of "some add-ins were disabled because we think they are causing problems - click here to see which ones," so I did - and one was AdobePDFMaker add-in. I left it disabled.

Then I opened up the pdf I was working on yesterday, in Acrobat DC. It looked totally normal. After a minute or so there was a popup window: Acrobat PDFMaker add-in for PDF creation is currently disabled in one or more Office applications. Would you like to re-enable the add-in for all these applications?

I opted for "no," and have not seen the original problem reoccur yet. I would click "yes" to troubleshoot, but in all honesty I just want it to work, and it's working - so I am leaving well enough alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following your instructions, I opened a pdf that has interactive elements with transparenncy and it looked the same but after that I clicked on the menu "Help/find updates" and it told me that I had an update.

Downloaded it and after the installation, everything looks great!!!!!!

Thanks Adobe for the sollution but we don't forget that it arrives too late.

We've had to do a lot of explanations, unfortunately the clients doesn't understand and don't care about this kind of things and they demand a sollution.

We don't forget and we will be paying attention closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines