• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Interactive Q&A PDF

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been tasked with creating an interactive PDF that has a series of questions on each page, which then collects the answers all together on the final page. I will try and explain the best I can below…

1. A question on each page with YES / NO / MAYBE button choices (Question page 1)

2. The user clicks one of the buttons above and progresses to the next question page (Question page 2)

3. This is repeated for 10 questions

4. The answers from each page are then shown on to another page (Answers page)

Example:

Question page 1

Are you interested in a new bike? YES / NO / MAYBE

Question page 2

Are you interested in a new car? YES / NO / MAYBE

Answers page

Q1: Are you interested in a new car? [Selected Answer]

Q2: Are you interested in a new bike? [Selected Answer]

I have a working example of it (that I cannot share, sorry) so I can see that it is possible. I just can’t figure out how to do it!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for scripting possibly given that in the PDF, if two elements have the same name, they will share the same value. In other words, if you duplicate the item, when the user will select a value, the value will be set the same in the duplicate instance.

This is a standard behavior that you can lay on. Be aware that when duplicating interactive elements inside InDesign, it will index the items (my item 1, my item 2…) so you may need to manually edit items to remove the index (or use a script to do so).

Have a look at the attached PDF for a better understanding.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just what I am looking for, thank you. I didn't think about how the duplicated elements work - now it all makes sense. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like that? 😉 

Can automate anything - as long as it doesn't require A.I.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is great, thank you for your help

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines