• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a tool to create flipping books?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for a tool/app/software to create a flipping book.

I created my book in inDesign and was advised to save it as .epub but I was unable to open it. Also, I wanted to be able to open the final book as a pdf, as I need to send it to clients (they don't have fancy software usually).

There are some flipping books that open with Adobe Flash player and look like interactive books. This is what I'm after Make an eBook (fixed layout EPUB) using Adobe InDesign without writing code | Adobe InDesign CC tuto...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

[Moved from the general, non-support Forum Lounge​ to a more product-specific support forum - Mod]

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily create flipping pages from a PDF produced from InDesign using this and similar software:

Free HTML5 Flip Book Maker; Interactive HTML5 Digital Publishing Platform for Magazines, Catalogs, a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Im new to InDesign. Is this online Flip book Maker as you explained above the only way one can create the flipping pg book/ magazines look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of solutions, though the flip book approach I mentioned is considered by many rather passé nowadays.

What kind of content are you featuring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Derek Cross, you mentioned previously that flipping books are considered passe by some now. What is the next trend for pdf display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of digital formats for publications, such as PDF, FXL ePub, Reflowable ePub, InDesign’s Publish Online, mobi, Apple iBooks and web apps. Each format has advantages (features) and disadvantages - none is perfect for every use, you need to decide which is best for your particular purpose and maybe offer your publications in more than one format.

(The flip book feature sounds good, but it seems to become irritating for the user after using it for a bit - it’s not used so much these days, and in that sense it’s passé.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As wrote Derek Cross, there are a lot of solutions to create a flipping book. I suggest you have a sneak pik to CircularFLO https://www.circularflo.com/  it works very well with InDesign and could be a first step in the digital publishing world.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CircularFlo is excellent but it’s not free and it’s Mac Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use flipsnack.com as well for this. I've been using it for some time, and they have a free version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I great options is In5 - indesign plugin with many options to export. And flippages is one that

See their site - Export HTML5 from InDesign with in5 - Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the most exciting effect in the world for a publication, but clients seem to like it and keep asking for it.  Is there any reason why html5 flipbooks are not a feature in InDesign??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple requests for this, and the fact that we have to look to 3rd party systems for making flipbooks for Adobe PDFs is very frustrating, especially when freelancers like myself have to shovel money into Adobe's bank account every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you must have a flip book, it’s very simple, create a PDF from your InDesign document and use something like this:

Digital Publishing Solution | FlippingBook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

You mentioned Flipbooks are passé in an earlier post. I have a printed catalog that I would like to photograph and then make into a left to right click pdf. Do you have a better idea for how to present my work? If not, how would you recommend I make this pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julier

You state you have a printed catalogue that you want to photograph - presumably you can’t get the original InDesign files - is that the position, that you have to use scans of pages from the catalogue, including text as well as the pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek,

That is correct. Currently I am photographing each spread, bringing it into indesign and publishing it to adobe.

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t you at least scan the pages?

When you state you "publish it to Adobe", what do you mean (Adobe is a company, not an application)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can convert PDF, ePub and many other document formats, as well as google slides, and Instagram posts into an online flip book using a web app called Simplebooklet.com.   Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kkwas.  Simplebooklet.com is an excellent solution for my project.  I was having problems with moire effect on photos from an old publication when the pdf files were uploaded to fliphtml5.  The problem does not replicate when uploaded to simplebooklet.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An online tool that I recommend - that is free and without registration - is Flipbookpdf.net

You can convert PDF of catalogs / brochures / magazines into flipping books in A4, A5, horizontal or vertical or square formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's free it probably means they put a watermark of their logo on your PDF flipbook, which may or may not be hard to remove from the code.

I own a number of PDF flipbook makers now and charge for the service when required.

The thing that makes me angry about this issue is that Adobe has no qualms taking money from me each month for the privilege of using Acrobat Pro, when in the old days I could just buy a copy of it and not get bled month after month.... but now I'm bleeding cash and still have to find 3rd party solutions for a very common feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can a get transition effect with InDesign's Publish Online documents:

Simply add “?transition” to the URL of your project, and desktop browsers will display your document with simple, sliding page transitions.

Note this doesn’t affect tablet or mobile browsers.

Source: Diane Burns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very good flipping book service with a fair pricing which I use  used now...Its called yupub. www.yupub.com do all my flipbook myself after creating my PDF file but with this service I don't need to spend more than 5 minute to create the flipbook. They don't charge monthly fee which is amazing.  It's a life saving...very high quality and feature loaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to confirm that acrobat pro has no option to export to a flip book. Thank you in advance for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is 4 years old - and this reply was a month ago - the question has been answered - if anyone has a similar query then please start a new conversation.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines