• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Mouse Disappearance in InDesign 19.3 on Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering an issue with Adobe InDesign version 19.3 on Windows 11. Whenever I hover over buttons or the workspace, the mouse cursor disappears. This issue doesn't occur when hovering over other windows like side menus or settings.

System Info:

• InDesign Version: 19.3
  • Platform: Windows 11
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Book 360
  • Processor: Intel Core i5
  • RAM: 8GB

Other info:

• Is the first time i am opening indesign on this pc
  • Problem persists after updating InDesign.
  • I've never faced this issue on other devices with InDesign.
  • No custom configurations set.
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

I removed the insider preview and now I have no more problems, I struggled because I had to re-download an ISO online because if you restore the system the insider comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Yesterday I installed the new update [Microsoft Windows 11] Home Insider Preview release 240315-1352: problem is solved.

[Moderator edited for clarity.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums (Bugs) to InDesign.]

Sounds like a glitch with the Mouse firmware. 

Try restarting your computer.

If it persists, download & install the latest drivers from your mouse maker's website.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reinstall InDesign, but nothing changed. I tried clicking 'ctrl+shift+alt' with InDesign open, but nothing happens... I attempted to reset preferences directly from the menu, but it still doesn't change anything. I don't think it's the mouse's fault because I also tried using the trackpad of the PC without the mouse connected, and the issue persists. Now, I'll try to record a screen video and send it here so you can see. P.S. I noticed that in the video recording of the problem, the mouse is visible. I think it's because it doesn't show me the 'mouse changes,' like the black mouse or the cursor type when selecting text. I'm attaching the video anyway, but know that I could only see the mouse when it was white. Do you have any ideas on what I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help:

https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/how-to-find-your-mouse-pointer-in-windows-11

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse disappears in InDesign and Premeire Pro. I have the latest versions of each and I also am a Windows insider that recently updated the latest Windows 11 preview and I have powertoys installed. I've attached a video that shows how the mouse disappears when hovering over menu items and when over the workspace. 

Please, does anyone have any solutions to try besides holding down ctrl alt shift while opening to delete preferences, because that doesn't work? No other software programs are affected on m system. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report it to Microsoft. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true! I also have the insider preview, now I think that's the problem at this point. I've already tried to reinstall Win but the Insider reinstalled again, today I'll try to download a new clean Win ISO and update you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the insider preview and now I have no more problems, I struggled because I had to re-download an ISO online because if you restore the system the insider comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should report it to Microsoft. That's why the Insider program exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday I installed the new update [Microsoft Windows 11] Home Insider Preview release 240315-1352: problem is solved.

[Moderator edited for clarity.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines