• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpgs with white backgrounds are coming into my file with parts transparent

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a weird issue currently when I bring a jpg image into my file it is randomly removing parts of the file as per the screen shot.  I can't really explain what happens,   If I cut the background out and import as a png it seems fine, but I don't have time to remove backgrounds on every sing image I am creating a large catalogue.

I have tried importing into a completely blank file and it still happens. when I open in photoshop it is a complete image.

Have also tried closing indesign and restarting computer. have a decent computer with 64gb ram, 2tb nvme drive which has 1.44 tb free and a asus rtx 4070 121gb graphics card so system should be more than adequate.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

@trace1301t

Do you have Detect Edges selected in the Clipping Path options?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac? Turn off GPU Performance in your InDesign prefs.

If that's not it we need full InDesign and O/S versions. Posting one of the troublesome JPGs would help, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that you still use EPS, avoid it in modern times. I would also avoid PGN files, In both cases I would use PDF/X-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I ask why to not use PNG as it would be a big task to convert all to PDF/X-4 I have a minmum of 8 images per page in a 200 page catalogue so it would be good to know what the reason is going forward. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG does not support color management and has only a limitted concept of transparency.

Where do the files come from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ok thanks for that. I will be sure to remember that in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@trace1301t

Do you have Detect Edges selected in the Clipping Path options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but it had Photoshop path selected and when I set to none this worked perfectly Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but it had Photoshop path selected and when I set to none this worked perfectly Thank you for your help.

By @trace1301t

So it "applied" some random path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes looks like it, was doing it on various images and all had different random paths, was a real head scratcher... so thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes looks like it, was doing it on various images and all had different random paths, was a real head scratcher... so thanks so much for your help.

By @trace1301t

You are welcome, please also check this video: 

https://youtu.be/zgNn8N5OI3I?si=yewKtWhofVerlmPM 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines