• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lato font family not recognized/activating

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to InDesign 2024. I had no font issues prior to this upgrade. I have been building a document using the Lato font family among others from Adobe Fonts. No issues encountered until the file was packaged and sent to our print vendor. They contacted us saying just the Lato fonts were coming up missing when they are preflighting for printing. Then, I open the file to troubleshoot--and the bullets I used are appearing as boxes with question marks. There appears to be a bug for which I know of no cause or solution. Any help or explaniation is appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not appearing to be a problem for me on a Macintosh (Ventura 13.6) running InDesign 2024 (19.0) as shown below:

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 6.45.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try signing out of creative cloud app and/or fonts.adobe.com. Then log back into these services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue as of this week. I am on a Mac running Sonoma 14.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed any duplicates in font book, signed out of Adobe and signed back in. I unintalled and reinstalled the font in the cloud. Still not working....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also not working for any of my other fonts so must be a system issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah Ha! I had a shortcut assigned in the paragraph styles of shift + 1 and so it wasn't working. Removing that shorcut fixed it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines