• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lining numerals / Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use a font that is not a OpenType, can I somehow adjust it anyway like as ”tabular lining”?

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BroD,

not that I know. But you could build your own font with the ten digits if your original font's license allows it to use the glyph shapes with the IndyFont script for InDesign:

https://www.indiscripts.com/category/projects/IndyFont

And then apply the font with a GREP Style that works on digits only.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe and thanks a lot!

News for me, worth a try.

BR, Tomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try this with IndyFont make sure that the space where you position the glyphs for every digit has all the same width. And that all the glyphs are centered horizontally in that space. Read the PDF guide Marc Autret provided before doing anything. Also view some videos.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you know, there are various figure styles: Lining proportional, Oldstyle proportional, Lining tabular and Lining Oldstyle. Some fonts have all these versions available and some have only one, usually lining tabular figures.  I wouldn't have thought the licence would not allow you to modify the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info Derek. I will go really slow on this because all is new to me. Perhaps there is some one that can provide the service one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines