• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked AI object disappears when moved

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an instructional document and have arrows (linked AI objects) pointing to different parts of an image to show where to click etc. When moving these arrows to other parts of the image, the arrow graphic itself disappears/becomes blank but I can still see the rectangle frame around it. It also leaves an empty rectangle behind, where the graphic was originally moved from. It's almost as if it's disappearing behind the image or background. I have no idea why it does this and it's keeping me from moving forward in my document. I've tried both the Selection Tool and Direct Selection Tool, played around with Display Performance (it happens in both Typical and High Quality display) and would appreciate any help. I've attached a screenshot showing this happening in Fast Display to maintain privacy. You can see the blue outline remaining from where the object was moved and the new rectangle box to the left where I moved it to, but it's empty. The other boxes with the Xs in them are other linked AI arrows that I haven't moved yet but the same thing happens to them when I do. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't quite tell from your description because the Fast Display you use to preserve privacy in your screen shot doesn't provide a lot of information.

However, a common problem with moving linked graphics is encountering the "content grabber" (looks like a donut hole). When you click on this with the Selection tool active, and you drag, you may ONLY be moving the graphic contained by the frame. This leaves an empty frame because the content is hiding. (see the picture below). Be careful not to click on the donut hole unless you want to move the graphic and not the frame.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 11.49.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines