• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked items won't update

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble with my links in Indesign. I have created some illustrations in Adobe Illustrator in a separate document and linked them over to Indesign, and they link fine, but I cannot update them without relinking them or closing the entire Indesign file and reopening it. I have the links page open and it has the yellow caution symbol telling me that it is modified, but clicking it to update does nothing, and the bottom option to update the link is greyed out. Please if anyone has a solution I would appreciate it because the way I am doing things now is super janky. I'm happy to post screenshots and share my settings if anyone has any further questions about my situation, thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a MAC? If so, you could check that InDesign has permission to the folder where the linked files are present, repairing permissions could be another thing that you could try. Where are the files placed, locla drive or network drive?

You could also try clearing the InDesign preferences and cache if nothing else works.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mac and the linked files are saved on a document that I have on my desktop. Can you elaborate on how I could repair permissions? If I manually relink anything to the document it will allow me to update them all, but not unless I do so every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at the following article on how to repair permissions on a MAC

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/repair-disk-permissions-running-disk.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines