• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linker command failed with exit code 1

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Xcode 8.2.1 @, to build a indesign plugin .

Can anyone suggest which library i need to link , for below SnapshotUtilsEx.

I am calling SnapshotUtilsEX::Draw() method in HTTPHelper.cpp file.

Below is the linker error trace which i get , when I try to build my project.

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

"SnapshotUtilsEx::Draw(int, unsigned int, PMReal const&, unsigned int, SnapshotUtils::Transparencies, IdleTimer*, std::__1::map<IDType<ClassID_tag>, PMReal, std::__1::less<IDType<ClassID_tag> >, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::pair<IDType<ClassID_tag> const, PMReal> > >*, unsigned int)", referenced from:

HTTPHelper::ExportLayout(IDocument*, PMString, PMString) in HTTPHelper.o

Below is the code snippet where i am making a call to the method.

SnapshotUtilsEx snapshot(pageUIDRef, 1.0, 1.0, desiredRes, 16.0, bleedAmount, SnapshotUtilsEx::kCsRGB, kFalse);

int errorCode = snapshot.Draw(IShape::kNoFlags, quality == SnapshotUtils::kSSJPEGGreatQuality && desiredRes > 16.0 ? kTrue : kFalse, 1.0, desiredRes > 16.0 ? kTrue : kFalse, desiredRes > 16.0 ? SnapshotUtils::kXPHigh : SnapshotUtils::kXPLow);

TOPICS
Performance , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also face the same issue with XCode. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using wrong version of Xcode to build your plugins. Look the SDK documentation to identify the version of Xcode to use for different versions of InDesign. For ex: InDesign CC2014 and CC2015 plugins require Xcode 5.0.2. and InDesign CC2017 requires Xcode 7.2.1

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi manan,

Thanks for the Info.

But looks like that the older version 5.0.2 of Xcode is not supported on latest macOS Sierra(10.12.2).

Is there some way we can build plugin for CC2015 server using the latest Xcode version 8.2.1 (8C1002)?

I remember to have used VS2015 with the previous version toolkits for Windows platform but not sure if we can do similar thing for Mac using Xcode.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some additional info.

I am also using cpprestsdk (casablanca), within my plugin.

When I try to build my plugin by selecting libc++ as C++ standard library in Apple LLVM Language C++, build fails.

So please consider this scenario as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines