Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LINKS LIST WITH PREVIEW, NAME AND PAGE

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI.

I need to generate a list with this information from Indesign to Indesign or Indesign to Excell. Is there any way through script or app?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beto correa,

You can look at the following thread for getting the name and page info for a placed link, specifically the comment #1 from Jongware that has a working demo of the code.

Re: How to List Placed Tiffs into a BY PAGE???

Now as regards creating excel file from javascript, i am not sure if that can be done unless you create a csv file which would be a simple text file with entries separated by commas and this file can be opened by Excel. But since you want to embed preview i.e. binary content in this file as well then i think you would have to go with VBScript(WIN) or Applescript(MAC) to create your excel file, csv will not work for your use case.

For preview you can look at the following post Re: Export objects as PNG file

Hope this gives you all the info to string together a solution.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshi

Unfortunately it did not work. The cause might be the InDesign version. I would like to find this JS for CS6. It's possible? Could you help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beto correa,

Please share your testing code and what you need output (screenshot) share.

Thanks,

SK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a script that can do this except include a preview. The script outputs CSV (among other text-based formats) but not native Excel. Because output is only text-based, image previews are not possible. But the script does provide the full path to images so perhaps it could be used with other tools to combine with previews??? Script available here: https://www.marspremedia.com/software/indesign/links-report

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you really need the preview? Heres a native workaround:

If not, the task is very simple: Just select the links you want to export, go to context-menu and select "Copy Information…". Paste, and you have a list, to use in Excel or whatsoever:

Name Seite Status PPI effektiv

51904003_24808.tif     2     OK     1429

51904001+52060001+52433001+52433002+48759001+50977001_0097.tif 1     OK     2308

51904001_24807.tif     2     OK     909

51904002_24805.tif     5     OK     1875

51904001_24819.tif     3     OK     2000

51904002_24814.tif     2     OK     1364

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-05 um 13.59.00.png

You can add more data by changing what gets shown in the menu options of the window:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-05 um 13.58.43.png

And a tipp for Excel:

It wont recognize cells in the clipboard-text probably. You can preformat the text and s&r for Space to Tab.
Or you can use the feature in menu "Insert content…"

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-05 um 14.08.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines