• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading all images into Links panel when starting a project

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe that InDesign hasn't thought of this yet, but I would like to load all the images that I will be using into the links panel so that when I am ready to place the image into my document I would just drag from the panel and not do a Cmd-D to load from the folder where they are located.

It would be so much quicker to stay inside the app rather than constantly connecting to the outside folder via the 'place' command. When you have a document that is heavy on images, endlessly placing each image, one at a time, gets to be very time-consuming. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to place a lot of images at once with the current tools. Choose Place, then select all of the images you want to place. After you click open, start to draw a rectangle with your cursor -- before you let go of the mouse button, use the up arrow and the left arrow to break that rectangle into a grid -- your images will be placed into the frames defined by the grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use Bridge and just drag and drop from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a good rule of thumb for you. If you think there should be an easier way of doing something, there probably is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also drag and drop from Bridge.

You can keyword the art for the project, and search for the keyword to show all in Bridge:

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart collections can come in handy, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niki: If, after hearing about all of these faster alternative workflows, you still want to see your idea in a future version of InDesign, you can log a feature request here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/. The requests with the most votes tend to get the attention of the Adobe engineering team.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate that you are working locally. However, if it suited your workflow, you could always "pre-load" your images into a CC Library (Bridge could be very handy for that). When working within InDesign you could then easily drag and drop images from your CC Library panel within InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines