• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mac mini M1 2020

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, definitivamente los mac con tarjeta M1 no se llevan bien con InDesing, tengo un Mac mini M1 de 16 gigas y lamentablemente tiene fallos, se queda colgado, hace cosas extrañas, en fin, que rabia, tengo amigos que tienen un PC y el ID funciona sin problemas !!!! No sé a quién echarle la culpa, si a Adobe por no hacer una buena integración de ID a su nuevos procesadores o a la Mac no no haber previsto todo estos.

Si alguien tienen un mac como el que yo tengo y también tienen problemas o, si no los tienen, me gustaría saberlo.

Muchas gracias

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mauricio3M 

I also have a 2020 M1 Mac Mini running on 13.4.1 with 16 GB of RAM, and I never had a single problem with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola jmlevy, que buenas y malas noticias me das, no sé que hacer, tal vez reinstalar todo el creative cloud. Parece que por ahí voy a ir, porque si tu no tienes problemas, algo esta pasando.

Muchas gracias, saludos desde Chile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What system version is installed on your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, el último, Ventura 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura 13.1 is more than 8 months old (released December 2022).

Did you mean the current version 13.5.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoila, si, esa misma, perdón, pero como me tienen tan mal esta cosa… 

Muchas gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember there were big issues with MacOS 11 and Adobe apps soon after M1 systems were introduced, because Apple promised its software emulator would work fine with Silicon Macs. But it didn't. For a whole lot of people.

And in immediate terms, the combination of MacOS 13.5.x and the latest upgrade to InDesign has been causing lots of problems for users. There are a number of posts in the first three or four pages of this forum, describing various workarounds for compatibility issues. I believe this time it's on Adobe, for the most part.

Rather than recycle the fixes here in detail — repeatedly clearing preferences and caches before opening InDesign, uninstall/reinstalling the latest version of InDesign 18.5 when needed and/or downgrade and go back to previous versions of InDesign (18.4 or 18.3), in matter of severity — I'd refer you to posts over the last week or so to get the particulars on fixes that may help.

I know this is cold comfort, but you're not alone. Going back through similar posts on this issue will help.

I'm sorry, but I wish I had more information for you. We're end users, just like you. But these workarounds are the best we've found at the moment for getting you back up and running.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randy, muchas gracias !!!! siempre que actualizo el ID creo que va a mejorar, pero no pasa nada, asi que haré lo que tu me indicas haber si es la solución, pero me da rabia que adobe no se preocupe de esto y, como bien dices, solo somos uno ladrillo más en la pared.

Saludos desde Chile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could lend a hand. The latest version of InDesign has just been released, and sometimes even the best software companies put up a clinker now and then. I try to take it in stride, because to put it nicely, stuff happens.

One thing I would suggest, though, is that you open your Creative Cloud application and turn off the settings for automatic updates for both Creative Cloud itself and all your other Adobe applications. You'll still get notification when something new is available, but it won't update you automatically. I believe you always want to decide when you update software, and not let the software decide that for you. Not just for Adobe, but any software.

Waiting a couple of weeks — or months, if things go badly — will save you from taking that slide down the bleeding edge of technology. Since you've found where Adobe users share their problems and look for fixes, checking here a few days after you get update notifications will let you know quickly when you want to apply the latest updates.

Hope spring weather is headed your way,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola Randy, hice todo lo que me suguieres, pero no pasa nada, lo único que no he hecho, porque ya lo hice la otra vez, es desintalar y volver a intalar ID, ya que tengo lleno de script que ocupo y cada re instalado tengo que volver a cargarlos, asi que tendré que vivir asi no más.

muchas gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you want to dig into your Applications>Adobe InDesign 2023>Scripts sub-folder and copy off its contents to a external drive or flash drive to speed the process and make sure you're safe with what you've got. Because the best way to uninstall is to use Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner utility (this link goes to the English-language help file; hopefully you can find an equivalent en Español to get the same tool), because it hunts down and kills all remnants of an Adobe app install.

I've never saved files to my desktop and used the tool, but for all I know it may be good enough to kill copies of install files in the wrong places on your system too. I may be overly cautious, but I'd save a copy of my Scripts sub-folder completely off the system before running the Adobe CC Cleaner tool to uninstall InDesign and not take the chance.

If you go for The Rude Cure, I'd recommend you load up v.18.3 to take a couple steps back and hopefully get a more stable configuration that uses all your current resources.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to run InDesign on a clean user account (create new account in System Settings > Users & Groups). will it make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola Randy, voy a intentar eso, veamos que pasa.

Te explico las tonteras que hace ID, por ejemplo, si tienes el puntero sobre alguna venta de texto o figura y avanzas páginas, no lo hace hasta que muevas en puntero fuera de la página, es decir, lo dejes en la mesa de trabajo…

Saludos desde Chile, con tormeta… Muchas gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola Randy, te había escrito que iba a probar lo de hacer un usuario nuevo, lo hice, pero nada, no hay caso, que programa maldito.

Muchas gracias por tu tiempo!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines