• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making all assignments in one incopy document?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using InDesign for a long time, but my new place of employment uses InCopy to edit, which is new to me. They like all of the stories to show up in one big InCopy document. I have lucked out a couple times and managed to do it, but lately, all I've been able to do is export them all to separate files. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or what I did right before! All of my searches just bring up how to make the separate files. Help! Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's how it works. Every story in InDesign gets exported to an InCopy story. There is no way to combine them into one story. The simplest way to handle this is to simply export all stories to a folder and have the InCopy user open the INDD file. The InCopy user should open the Assignments panel, right click on the "unassigned content" and choose check out. This will check out every story and allow them edit at will. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines