Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged data

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm looking for help on a merged data issue I'm having in InDesign.

A bit of background, so I get biweekly adverts emailed to me form a travel recruitment company, it has 8 jobs on it and each one breaks down like this:

————————————
Business Development Manager

NSW, $80k + Super + Com, Ref: 2940SO3

This senior BDM position has huge potential to work with independent travel agencies across NSW to work for am award winning company and build and develop the network of agencies. You will be driven and have strong contacts within the NSW travel industry and will be looking to maximise on these relationships, relishing this diverse position. You will be an articulate communicator and you will able to manage a range of stakeholders and will enjoy the challenge of growing new business.

For more information please call Sasha on (02) 9119 8744 or click APPLY now
http://www.traveltradejobs.com.au/…/business-development-ma…
————————————

I get them through as a Excel spreadsheet I have set up for them with titles on each column and I have my indesign template that I add this text to, and it's standard every time, same layout etc. I have gone through all the relevant steps to set this up just so I can click merge data but it just only wants to add the first advert 8x over, it doesn't move 1, 2, 3, 4 etc etc... and yes, I am using multiple records.

A friend was helping me with this and I shot this quick video to explain what's happening... so here it is if you need a better example to answer me: https://youtu.be/VOEdxGr-OT8

Cheers guys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

You only put the data fields in ONE text frame. Only one text frame for the fields should be on the page. To make the different records appear on the same page, you open Create Merged Document from the panel menu, and in there, choose Multiple Records from the dropdown menu.

I made a little video, excuse the air conditioner noise, it's hot here in Chicago! 😉

YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AnneMarie, sorry it's taken ages to get back to you, it's been busy here! Thanks for the video, make a lot more sense now!!!

Just one question, with the url, my client gives me a url to input into the document but they don't what the actual url in there just applied to a piece of text which says 'Apply now', is there a way of doing that?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines