Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging layers in InDesign

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm trying to merge together all the layers under "Layer 1" but it won't let me select the "merge layers" option.. Everytime i convert to a PDF and try to print that way, it only prints a couple things and then prints two blank pages that say:

ERROR: undefinedresource

OFFENDING COMMAND: findresource

Any solutionsto this problem??

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brady:

You have to select mutliple layers (use Shift, click+Shift) for the Merge Layers command to be available. 

How are you creating the PDF? Be sure to use File > Export > Adobe PDF (Print) or Adobe PDF (Interactive) and not File > Print.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't say this has anything do with merging layers. You shouldn't need to  merge layers. 

Export to PDF and print that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be having two different problems. 

lAYERS: Can you show a screen shot of the Layers panel with the laters selected?

PRINTING: Is this a multi-page document? Print half the pages at a time and see which half is giving the error; then split the problem half in half again, printing each section; continue until you find out what page the problem is on.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As has been requested by several other contributors here, we need more information. It sounds to me like you're trying to merge all of the objects that reside "within" Layer 1. Those are not layers at all but instead are objects within the layer. Those objects can't be merged. They'll always be objects within the layer. In your case Layer 1. Also, OFFENDING COMMAND as I know it is a PostScript error. How are you creating the PDF file? Are you using File > Export > PDF (Print) or are you using another method? Please provide more info so we can assist you with more purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines