• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Fold option in Print Preferences

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go through the print booklet steps in InDesign, the Fold options in the Finishing dialog are not appearing.  

Meanwhile, my collegue next to me is able to use the same printing steps, to the same printer, and the Folds options appear. This is what leads me to believe that it may not be the printer issue. I have already tried looking through the printer (Toshiba) settings and cannot find much to help me with this.

I have tried changing the steps, such as presets, and there has been no differences in the printing preferences. 

Ultimatly, I wish to upload the booklet to the E-filing system on the printer and this seems to be the first step stopping me from doing this. 

Cheers 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your printer's options are part of the printer driver installed on your system. This has nothing to do with InDesign. It's more likely the driver on your computer hasn't been properly configured to reflect the installed options on that printer, whereas your colleague's has been. Go to your Windows Settings > Devices and Printers, right click on your Toshiba, Open Printer Properties and compare the settings with your colleague. Finishers, like Staplers and Folders tend to be options and you would need to configure the settings here for InDesign (or any program) to see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines