Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing required system fonts or cmap files

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2005 Dec 17, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled over and over) InDesign CS2 today (via the full Creative Suite 2 installer), and every time I try to launch it, I get the dreaded "missing required system fonts or cmap files. please reinstall" dialog.

I have read and tried http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324343.html. I have manually copied in the ZX______.PFM and ZY______.PFM files. I have deleted the AdobeFnt*.lst files, and reinstalled.

Nothing seems to work.

Could someone assist with a solution?

Regards,
Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 101 Replies 101
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2006 Apr 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Domingo from me, too - his solution works, and I'm really grateful for his help.

Anthony Frost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2006 May 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue, I've got the same problem...missing fonts and no InDesign startup. Man, you'd think these Adobe "showstoppers" would disappear after all these years of getting cussed out! Then there's Premiere....

Domingo, if you can send me those files, I'd be very grateful:

stephen@armours.com

Mucho thanx to all you fellow sufferers and to Domingo for his solution.
No thank to Adobe for their slow and often worthless help...

Stephen Armour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2006 May 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great! Thanks Domingo!

Stephen Armour
ABE Prod. - Brazil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2006 May 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting a ton of emails lately, and I'm just starting to not want to do keep emailing anymore, really. It was good the first 50-60 emails I got, but now it's just getting crazy. I had no idea there were so many people missing these files, and I think this should be a wake-up call to Adobe that they need to figure out what in the world is going on here.

Anyway, I will continue to email the files for now, but I will soon upload them to my public webserver, or some other convenient location, and just let users download them at will.

I will post a link to the files, as well as a few mirrors, as soon as I get them online so expect them sometime this afternoon (GMT -5). In the mean time, don't be afraid to email me =)

Glad to have helped so many people,

Stoned4Life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2006 May 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded the archive file to my website for now. Anyone can download them whenever they need to, and if you have any friends or come across anyone with the same issue, you can point them to that location. I have gotten some Emails regarding further issues, not only regarding the files, and I may put up some small posts or docs regarding quick fixes and other work-arounds that come up.

If you still want to email me with a thank you, or anything like that, go ahead 😉 but I don't think I'll have to be sending the files as an attachment anymore.

As always, good luck.

Stoned4Life

+++++++++++++++++++++
Missing Files: http://public.newrandom.com/Reqrd.rar

Instructions:

The attached archive contains the CMaps and Base folders that contain the files that you are most likely missing. Just unzip the files using an unzip program such as winzip, winrar, or Windows built in archive program. Make sure inDesign is not running. Delete the CMaps and Base folders in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts\Reqrd folder, and copy these new folders in their place. Simply run inDesign and you should no longer be presented with the error message.

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to contact me.
+++++++++++++++++++++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to note, the archive is .rar, so you would have to download the winrar archiver program to unzip it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2006 Jun 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly!!
Thanks Domingo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, worked great.

I do find it a little odd that Adobe has not provided a means to resolve this particular problem that afflicts no small number of customers. I did my best to work through this beast to no avail:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324343.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I need your help. I am experiencing the same problem x 5. I'm trying to install InDesign in my work environment and am getting the same error message. Could you send me a copy of the files?

Patricia
pedmonds@gotsky.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see them! Thanks!
Patricia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2006 Aug 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, it has been fixed. Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, man!!
Really awkward that Adobe isn't doing anything about this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2006 Sep 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay i must be the only one here running on a Mac. I'm having the same problem as everyone else...same exact error message. I truly understand you're not wanting to send any more e-mails Domingo. Not too many people would have done what you've done anyway.
My problem is that when I click on your link to download the files, the whole web page is like Greek. It's not the source code either. I mean it's really strange. So how do i get these files, which did the trick for everyone else, for my Mac? Any ideas anyone?
Al Combs
abbagraphics@comcast.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2006 Sep 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Computer Fine Art class still used Adobe Photoshop on Macs, and while the Macs only have Photoshop 6.0 and not inDesign (we mostly have dell pcs- they have CS), I will take a look to see if I can find any similarities in the file structure, etc.

As for the 'greek' page, the files were zipped in a .rar. I've uploaded a duplicate .zip archive, which should be able to be opened by Macs without any 3rd party software. http://public.newrandom.com/Reqrd.zip

I wouldn't waste time trying it though. I'll search for the Mac related fonts and system files when I get to school tomorrow, until then, there's not much I can do.

/* Reason I ask for no emails, just to clarify, is that I'm subscribed to this thread, and will receive email notifications of any additional posts. That way, in case questions like this do arise, everyone will be able to see them and hopefully contribute to, or benefit from, the discussion. I will send an additional email to you just in case you have not subscribed to the thread. */

Stoned4Life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2006 Sep 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Friends in this battle against CMap errors :)

I am also looking for a fix to the CMap problem. However I have a slightly different issue pop up. After following the last advice for the fix (here http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324343.html) I re started the pc and re installed InDesign. When I tried to open it, I had the window pop up to put in the serial number again, for the suite. So I did, but nothing happened and it wont let me get past this screen, even after re typing the serial number.

Any Ideas? Should I just reinstall again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2006 Sep 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, is it a legit serial number? Sorry, have to ask.

If it is, then I suggest doing a complete uninstall, and then reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2006 Sep 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is legit...bought the software four days ago :)

I understand the reasoning fine, no offense taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2006 Sep 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you do a complete Manual uninstall of Creative Suite to start again. I have InDesign coming up with the nagging screen requiring system fonts or CMap files.
I've had the alternate problem of it asking for my serial number and not accepting it.
Illustrator isn't saving files correctly or showing its help pages.
I've tried everything and am very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume uninstall would be going to control panel > add/remove programs and remove the Adobe Suite. Then go to your C:\Program Files and removing the Adobe folder. Then going to the C:\Program Files\Common Files and deleting the Adobe folder in there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Audition, Premiere Pro, and Type Manager in the Adobe folder so do I need to be a little more precise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I forgot to mention Photoshop Elements, Reader for Palm OS, and Acrobat Reader 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should only delete folders titled to the program, so yes, you need to be careful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2006 Nov 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A FIX FOR .......... "Missing required system fonts or cmap files"

I put InDesign onto my mac pro and had the error come up as i was installing the program,
i looked at all the ideas from this forum but stumbled accross an easy fix that didnt involve copying files ect.....

All i had to do is install Photoshop CS2 (or in my case Photoshop CS2 Free Trial) first then install InDesign.

This worked on my mac, i put InDesign Trial on my Laptop (windows Pc) just to see if it would come up with the same problem and yes it did :- Error message on indesign start up..."Missing required system fonts or cmap files"

So i Un installed it and installed Photoshop CS2 trial, then put Indesign CS2 on and it worked !

I Really hope this works for other people.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2007 Feb 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Domingo!

My InDesign program is now up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines